Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by lewisltd: Fiasco Cruise
Member Since 2013
Compare Prices on Brilliance of the Seas Baltic & Northern Europe Cruises
1. We were given no idea how far and EXPENSIVE getting to the ship from London was. $808 for round trip for 4 was offered by the cruise line. We were able to do it for $550 in a private car service. Still one heck of a bunch of money for transfers.
2. Food in the Main dining room was NEVER up to normal Cruise Line standards. You could find something eatable at the buffet on Deck 11 (Windjammer)
3. The speciality restaurants were good, albeit, with a very expensive surcharge. ($20-30 per person, or as much as $70 at the Chef's Table)
4. Lack of cabin amenities one normally finds on a cruise ship (No Robes, hair conditioner, lotion, fruit basket, etc)
5. No on board self-service laundry (first line I've been on without this)
6. Elevators hard to catch for anyone who couldn't move extremely fast.
7. Main dining was extremely crowded (tables too close together), making service slow and uncomfortable.
8. Charges for room service after 12:00 AM
9. Not More being able to get items on the main dining menu delivered as room service(very limited room service menu)
10. Lack of information on ANYTHING the ship did not make money on.(ie, Hop On/ Hop Off buses, etc)
11. All ship personnel were very nice and helpful, except for one person (who I named in the on-board review), except in the case of Number 10
12. On board Internet service was slow and expensive.
13. Charge for Shuttle service, which was never done on other cruise lines.
14. No notification about schedule changes, making our departing flight hard to make.
Read more Brilliance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: Brilliance of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 7648
Cabin was OK and Steward was Excellent.
Port and Shore Excursions
Too bad not allowed pictures
Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood
Peter & Paul Fortress
great, but fast moving. good guide
Over attentive waiters and sho...
Norwegian Star - mixed reviews
First and probably last Royal ...
How the Mighty Have Fallen