Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by laura8951: Celebrity Surprise

Celebrity Surprise

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Other

Although I have sailed previously, this was my first cruise with Celebrity. It was definitely a cut above my other experiences. I cannot say enough positive comments about the crew. Under the leadership of Captain Leonardos Palaiokrassas, Cruise Director Alexander Yepremian, and the other officers, the staff was gracious, professional, and helpful across the board. I was both surprised and impressed with the amount of interaction among the crew and guests.

I found the Celebrity Summit beautiful and well-maintained. The entertainment was excellent with enough variety to suit most, if not all, tastes. In addition to the standard, song-and-dance entertainment (very high quality), a cabaret act and a Broadway review were offered. The onboard comedians, James Stephenson III and Kevin Flynn, were funny without resorting to an overuse of foul language or derogatory humor. The food in the main dining room was very good although I can only speak for seafood and vegetarian dishes. More Desserts were delicious with both favorite standards and unique selections. The presentation was attractive and the service excellent. I took advantage of room service several days. I found my lunches of tuna salad wraps and pizza delicious and the service efficient. I did not feel the need to try any of the specialty dining.

The Bermuda destination was delightful with gorgeous seas, soft sands, interesting history, and friendly people. I recommend the glass bottom boat excursion. It was fun and low key (thanks to Captains James & Jason). I will be sailing Celebrity again and would return to Bermuda without hesitation. Less

Published 06/04/13

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: 06 Ocean View 6

The stateroom was very typical of others I've experienced.. It was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was better than either Carnival or Royal Caribbean with a real walk-on shower and plenty of storage space for toiletries. Closet space was more than adequate.

Glass Bottom Boat

I thoroughly enjoyed this outing. It was fun and low-key. Captains James and Jason provided informative and interesting narration with humor about the surroundings both above and below the water level. The weather was gorgeous and the sea turtles were cute.

Island Tour

The Island Tour is a lot of bang for the buck. It provides a great overview of Bermuda. The driver was professional and well-informed. It will help me decide on more specific areas to explore on return trips.

Skip X