Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by djmaurice: 19 May 2013 - Great sailing on Freedom of the Seas!

djmaurice
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

19 May 2013 - Great sailing on Freedom of the Seas!

Sail Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My wife and I (both 32) sailed on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. This was our 6th cruise, but all the other cruises were much smaller ships (mostly on the Rhapsody of the Seas). After much conversation w/ my parents (Diamond Plus members) and careful shopping, we decided to get an interior room w/ a view of the Promenade. As usual, Royal Caribbean did not disappoint. The boat & service were both spectacular.

EMBARKATION: this was such a breeze. From the time we got off of our shuttle, I think we were on board in 15 minutes. We arrived at 1230 and I figured that it'd be high traffic time; but if it was, we couldn't tell. Port Canaveral was on their A+ game!

SHIP: Spectacular. It was much bigger than what we were used to, and everything was in superb condition. We only felt congested during the last 2 sea days, but we were okay with that. The Promenade was great for walking around and getting a snack. The top deck was split up great for what ever style More you're looking for (relax, party, kid zone).

DINING: The Windjammer buffets and main dining room were as we expected: good quality. We did the 8pm dining and it was nice to be just adults. The windjammer had plenty of tables situated along windows.

ROOM: it was everything that we needed. The bed was very comfortable & the bathroom was spacious enough for me (i'm 6'7"). I did miss having a balcony; but for the price, we couldn't beat this room. Plus it was cool to have a view of the promenade and see all the action. Only once did it actually wake me up. After a day of zip lining, I crashed hard at 930pm. Well they had a dance party at 10:30pm and I could hear it for about 20 minutes. But if it were a regular night, I would have still been up/out.

SERVICE: everyone was great. Room attendant, dining staff, primary staff...all of them!

CONS: the only thing I wish we had more of was romantic "Under the stars" type events. They had a HUGE big-screen TV on the top deck, but rarely used it. Why not throw up some old-school romantic movies or have slow dance music. Oh, and the comedians they had were horrible. Not funny at all. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>