Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by ncitguy

Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6B
Cabin Number: m233

Great First Cruise
This was my first ever cruise and I had a great time. For an older ship the Fantasy has been taken care of but with Charleston only being 3-4 hours from home it really made this cruise a great deal for us both.

There are only a few down sides to the Fantasy:

- There is only one pool

- Serenity deck is not a great place if you want a breeze and some shade

- all of the hot tubs smelled like a bottle of bleach... but this may not just be a fantasy thing.

The staff aboard the ship was great and our room attendant truly made the trip. He greeted us by name each and every time he saw us and usually rushed to open our stateroom door for us. If we had any issues with the room they were handled quickly..... usually with in minutes of reporting the issue someone was knocking on our door to fix the issue. (we only had very minor issues.)

The main thing that disappointed me was that we were not able to tender into to our 2nd stop (Half Moon Cay) due to the waves making it difficult and not safe to tender to the island. We were told by others that the captain has had a history of doing this... not sure if others have experienced this or not but my travel companion said that this was supposed to be his 3rd time on the island but he has only been able to tender to the island once.... and he was on different ships the other times.

All in all I was very pleased with the price, the room, and the time that I had on and off the ship. Thank you Carnival for making my first cruise a great one... I cant wait to book my next one.. :-)

Publication Date: 06/03/13