Veendam Cruise Review by sherial

Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Veendam Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Veendam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Veendam Deck Plans
Disappointing

I was very disappointed with the whole cruise. When we went to board in Boston, we had to wait for 2 hours because the gangway would not reach the ship. We were told that the Captain lowered the wrong side to compensate for the low tide. That gave me confidence in the Captain!!

The food on the buffet was cold most of the time, they were forever running out of coffee. Breakfast was cold, and had to wait for coffee. Seriously???? Then, the waiter at our dinner table took 35 minutes to bring us coffee.

Our stateroom had no hot water one day, and then there was no water at all. I had to call the desk 3 times before getting someone to look at it. The shore excursion people booked us on a tour we did not sign you for. The one we requested was full, so they just booked us on some different one. Nothing at all like what we asked for. So, I had to go through hoops to get our refund. If we asked a question very few staff could answer it.

I have been on two other cruises. Different cruise lines, and this was by far the worst one. I wish I could get my money back!!

The shows in the theater were like amateur night. I only went to the first two, and then could not bear to sit through another one!

Publication Date: 06/04/13