Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by GOOSEBGONE

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by GOOSEBGONE
Allure of the Seas
Allure of the Seas
Member Name: GOOSEBGONE
Cruise Date: May 2013
Destination: Blank
See More About: Allure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Blank Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

B2B on Allure
We just got back from our B2B (5/12 and 5/19) on the Allure. Drove from Orlando and dropped the car at Park'n'Go and arrived at port at 10:20am. We started Platinum the 1st week and ended up Emerald for the 2nd. Absolutely no line checking in and got to the 2nd floor waiting area at 10:40. On board before noon. Also, at 1:00 pm the room was ready and, wait for it.....our luggage was there as well. I can't remember that happening on any previous cruises.

FOOD: After our 1st of several wonderful roast beef sandwiches, we made reservations at Giovannis the first week and Chops on my birthday in week 2. Both had excellent food and service, as well as Izumi, on our last day. Probably our only complaint would be main room dining menu options. I believe, as others have mentioned, that RCI has made an asserted effort to drive guests towards the specialty restaurants. The MDR food quality has diminished over the last 10 years. I understand they are fixing meals for 6,ooo guests, but I can only give them an average score for the MDR food. They do get an excellent score for the 3 specialties. Our waiter, EJ, did a great job despite inadequate help.

ENTERTAINMENT: Absolutely the best entertainment we have experienced over our previous 19 cruises. I think RCI selects the best singers and dancers for the Oasis class ships. We could not find any venues (and we did them all) which were less than excellent. If you get a chance, go see "Mo5aic", the headliner group in week one. So talented.

PORTS OF CALL: Since we have been to all ports many times, we did a lot of DIY such as hanging out at Junkanoo Beach in Nassau, Water Island in St. Thomas (short ferry trip to a gorgious beach there), Nellie's Beach in Lambadee, Doctor's Cave Beach in Jamaica and snorkling at Chunkanaab in Cozumel. The only scheduled excursion was the power boat trip with Capt Bob Cass in St Marteen. I have to say this was the absolute best excursion ever. Do yourself a favor, search him on Cruisecritic and Tripadvisor, and do it. Capt Bob is the ultimate professional......he will make sure you have a wonderful time.

OVERALL: I would highly recommend a B2B on a vessel this size because it will take you 2 weeks to really explore this huge, beautiful ship. We were finding different areas and art work even on day 14. Again, I believe RCI puts the best of their best employees on these Oasis class ships. Thank you Dominick (Ice Man), our cabin steward from Labadee. The smile on his face after he was able to be with his family in Labadee for several hours was priceless. He deserved the extra tip for keeping my small cooler filled with ice for two weeks. EJ, our waiter, also went above and beyond to make this a memoriable trip.

Publication Date: 06/03/13