Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Robertac1004

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Robertac1004
Radiance of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Member Name: Robertac1004
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: RS
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Alaska in May
our cruise was wonderful. Although we had a rough start, United Air wasn't my best flight we almost missed our connection in Denver, (we has requested transport at airport because of a less then one hour to change planes and carry our luggage, however no transport and had to carry our bags across the airport on foot we made our connection with less then 5 minutes to spare. When we arrived at Vancouver my new hard sided luggage was cracked how ever with a limo waiting and a sick travel mate I had no time to run to the other end of the airport to report my damage to United.

Our limo (pearl limo and driver Manny) drive from the airport was fast and our driver gave us much info in getting around and restaurants etc. Our second day in Vancouver we did the hop on hop off trolly tour which we took all over the city. It was easy to navigate and saw all that we wanted to see. Our third day we booked a tour with hotel pickup and cruise ship drop off which was great, our driver Dawn was very pleasant and very knowledgeable her tour was fun and got us to our ship in plenty of time. Both of these tours were booked through Viatours and I will use them again.

The Radiance of the Seas was a nice ship, the room was large and comfortable., every member of the crew was well trained and we wanted for nothing. The food was good ,breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bar tenders especially Rebecca at the martini tasting were fun and made great drinks.

Ketchikan was rainy and chilly as expected we booked a tour right on the dock with Alaska seaplane tours

Ketchikan was rainy in the AM but we went on a float float plane ride with

Our first stop was Ketchikan where we booked a float plane right on the dock. These young men could not have been nicer to 3 senior ladies. We had a 2 hour flight over the most beautiful

Landscapes I have ever seen.

Ryan was great we saw the most amazing views and landed on a lake in the national forest it was an excursion not to be missed. If 3 senior ladies can do it so can you!

Our next stop Icy Strait was clear and cold we did a tram tour of the forest where we saw eagles everywhere and had a informative talk, followed by an Indian dance and narrative which I enjoyed.

Juneau was for whale watching with Juneau whale watch which we booked on shore, Tommy, Emily, Nicole, and Cap Mike were great and we saw humpbacks although my pictures aren't wonderful. There's lots to do there and everything is easily booked right there and the tram is an easy walk.

Skagway was the White Pass rail, it travels the route of the gold miners and the bus back stopped at the dog sled which we all enjoyed, the dogs are friendly and fun. Shopping there is fun with all the shops full of great little souvenirs.

Hubbard Glacier is our last day at sea and is a sight to behold and the hot chocolate up on deck should not be missed.

The last day is usually sad however we booked through RCCL an excursion the last day just to fill in the time till our midnight flight home. Never did I expect it to be my favorite day. We had a short bus tour with time for shopping in Seward and a stop at the sea life center, then a lunch cruise with all you could eat prime rib and salmon and it was delicious. The wildlife was amazing we saw orcas, humpbacks, eagles, mountain goats, seals, and every bird native to Alaska. The park ranger aboard explained every aspect of wildlife. Then on to the bus ride to anchorage 2 1/2 hours away, our driver on buchnell (they name their busses) was funny and educational and we arrived at the airport in plenty of time. If you have a late flight do not miss this excursion!

Bus tour of Seward with time for shopping and the sea life center. Then on to a 5 hours lunch cruise, I wasn't expecting much, however was I wrong, the prime rib and salmon all you could eat buffet was very tasty, but the wildlife was amazing. We saw orcas, humpbacks, seals, otters, eagles and every bird native to Alaska, mountain goats and every other form of life we missed at our other ports. The ranger on board was great and answered every question. Our guide for the day Pat was always there to help, and so was Jed. Then on to the bus ride to anchorage, which was just as exciting we saw moose the last animal I had not viewed. I booked this excursion just to catch my plane but it was a tour not to be missed

Alaska is a cruise long to be remembered.

By the way my luggage damaged by United was repaired on the Radiance by my room steward and he did a great job, I got it home in one piece with nothing hanging out, thank you RCCL.

Publication Date: 06/02/13