Carnival Victory Cruise Review by eastmountain: What a pleasent surprise

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

What a pleasent surprise

Sail Date: May 2013

This was our 4th cruise on Carnival. The last time (2006) we decided we would never go on Carnival again. We have been on around 18 cruises so far. The price was just too good to pass up. Husband, son, daughter-in-law and myself left on May 22nd for a five day cruise on the Victory.
Embarkation was probably only 15 minutes. Lunch buffet was really good. Rooms were ready around 1:15. Service was very good. So far so good. The first thing we did was flush our toilets and they worked. Air conditioning was not working up to par but was fixed very fast. Shower head was not putting out much water and not hot water. That also was fixed very fast.
We ate at "anytime" in the Atlantic Dining room. Waiters Michael and Oliver were our favorites. All of the staff tried to remember our first names during the meal. Dinners on this ship were the best we have ever had and large potions. Listen to your waiters for tips on what is the best. Lunch buffet was not my favorite but I could find More something to eat that was good. Although you have many great choices to make your own salads with many salads dressings.
What I did not like was that on all but one day there was not a dining room open for lunch. The entire ship had to go to 9th floor to stand in huge lines to find something to eat. This also means trying to find a CLEAN table. Dishes were stacked up on tables that had not been cleaned. Guest were stacking dishes to clean off their own table so they could eat. One day I did see a senior matrade I thought his name was Marvin but was told later that was not his name. Any way he was going around stacking dishes and helping his staff clean the table faster. I complimented him but later on the problem persist and he was not around nor any other day.
Entertainment was just okay except the last night and it was super. The female singer was off key many times.
Son and Daughter-in-law went scuba diving at Grand Turk. They had a great time. They saw a turtle arms length away and a baby nursing shark. My favorite is Half Moon Cay. My favorite beach of all time. We just shopped in Nassau.
The service from everyone was very good. You could tell they were trying very hard and it worked.
Disembarkation went faster than they ever predicted. We were out in our shuttle about 30 minutes early.
To sum up our cruise: even though we are platinum on NCL, I would sale carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Balcony Upper 6207

We had cabin 6207. It was noisy each morning at port. The crew were working. It is a smaller handicap room, bathroom and balcony than we have ever seen, but it was just fine otherwise. Storage was way more than we needed.