Carnival Glory 5

JasonV1
Member Since 2010
1,079 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This was my eighth Carnival cruise, taken solely to help me achieve Platinum status this summer. I talked 4-5 people who were on the boat for the same reason.

Positives - Blue Iguana Cantina (breakfast and lunch), Guy's Burger Joint, and the opposing bars on deck. Very cool setup that no other cruise line has. The burgers and burritos very good compared to typical buffet fare. The combination of these bars and eating places made for a very lively main deck. Boat was in really nice shape and the service was good, similar to others in the same class. Pizza was very pretty good to for "cruise ship pizza" (thin crust).

Negatives - Smoking rules not enforced all that well, charging for a behind the scenes tour on a cruise to nowhere, lido deck buffet somewhat bland and horrible lines at breakfast. I realize that space is limited, but this is something RCCL does much better by breaking up the foods by type/station.

This itinerary is only offered a handful of times a More year so I'm not going to tell you about every detail. Just know that due to the very short length (and low cost) don't go on this boat looking for something to complain about. I know the stereotypes of the Carnival brand, and this crowd lived up to them. That being said, I had fun but would probably stick to 5 day minimum cruises going forward (couldn't do it this time as I have already scheduled all my available time off). Less

Carnival Glory Cruises to Nowhere

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4H
Typical interior cabin. Everything worked, was clean, and in good shape.

Embarkation only; I couldn't save the review if I selected 0 ports.
Read 13 Norfolk Reviews

Published 06/02/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review

Carnival Glory Cruises to Nowhere

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?