Carnival Glory Cruise Review by JasonV1: Good time on the Glory

Good time on the Glory

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Embarkation: Norfolk

This was my eighth Carnival cruise, taken solely to help me achieve Platinum status this summer. I talked 4-5 people who were on the boat for the same reason.

Positives - Blue Iguana Cantina (breakfast and lunch), Guy's Burger Joint, and the opposing bars on deck. Very cool setup that no other cruise line has. The burgers and burritos very good compared to typical buffet fare. The combination of these bars and eating places made for a very lively main deck. Boat was in really nice shape and the service was good, similar to others in the same class. Pizza was very pretty good to for "cruise ship pizza" (thin crust).

Negatives - Smoking rules not enforced all that well, charging for a behind the scenes tour on a cruise to nowhere, lido deck buffet somewhat bland and horrible lines at breakfast. I realize that space is limited, but this is something RCCL does much better by breaking up the foods by type/station.

This itinerary is only offered a handful of times a More year so I'm not going to tell you about every detail. Just know that due to the very short length (and low cost) don't go on this boat looking for something to complain about. I know the stereotypes of the Carnival brand, and this crowd lived up to them. That being said, I had fun but would probably stick to 5 day minimum cruises going forward (couldn't do it this time as I have already scheduled all my available time off). Less

Published 06/02/13

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Cruise to Nowhere Cruises

Cabin review: 4H Interior

Typical interior cabin. Everything worked, was clean, and in good shape.

Read All Interior (4H) Reviews >>

Embarkation only; I couldn't save the review if I selected 0 ports.
Read 13 Norfolk Reviews

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Cruise to Nowhere Cruises

Member Since 2010
1,084 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X