Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by IsanTom: Very Smooth and Relaxing Transatlantic

IsanTom
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Transatlantic Cruises

Very Smooth and Relaxing Transatlantic

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Transatlantic

Overall, this cruise was very enjoyable! Not my best Transatlantic Cruise, but very acceptable! Embarkation took about an hour! We were requested to wait until 12:30PM to board, but I think most did wait rather than go early, so the lines were long. We went to our cabin and dropped off our carry-ons and headed to the Oceanview Cafe! Lunch was very basic but no lines, so very enjoyable!

Our cabin was Oceanview on 3rd Deck! Some strange noises in the evening at bedtime. Not sure what caused the noise, but it was like something was moving back and forth with the movement of the ship. Maybe storage area above? Once asleep no problem, but overall the cabin was beautiful! Room Stewards were good, but I found vaseline under our bed and finger grime on closet doors! For a new ship not good! They never did clean, but I never said anything either!

Entertainment was okay, nothing exceptional except Sin City late night shows were great! Casino was fun, but no Blackjack Poker More Machines, my favorite!

Bars, Bartenders, and Servers were excellent! Everyone we came into contact with were professional, happy and gave very good service! Five (5) Stars +++ in my book!

Food Service! We tried Room Service one time, but here again five (5) stars! The food was hot and delivered within in 25 minutes! We ordered around 1900PM!

Dining Room! Our waiter Carlos and Asst Waiter Eduardo were excellent! Very efficient and went out of their way to make you happy! Our table was 125 and very nice! The food was very good. Overall four (4) stars except for the beef. The beef was always five (5) stars! Never a bad piece of beef! We had four (4) formal nights, but lobster only once during the whole cruise. No escargot, really disappointed because my favorite appetizer! The food was good, but compared to my last Transatlantic on the Carnival Splendor, Splendor was five (5)+++ stars. More choices, more lobster and escargot almost every meal! Overall Reflection Food four (4) stars! We did not eat at any of the specialty restaurants since we were happy with our dining service!

Casual Dining very good! Mast Grill was good, but overcooked the burgers! Oceanview Cafe very good, but same food every meal. At night, Carnival served food from the evening dining room menu, but Reflection did not. Pizza acceptable, but used frozen pizza crust! Meatballs at the pasta station, no flavor! And no deli sandwiches like Carnival. I was looking forward to hot pastrami and corn beef, but no deli station. You could get grilled ham and cheese and tuna! So overall, 3 1/2 stars in the Cafe!

Ports very nice especially enjoyed Barcelona and their markets!

Debarkation very quick! We did not have transfer to the airport because we had a 10:00PM flight to Bangkok, so we decided to take a train to Rome, sight-see, and then train to airport, but it was rainy and a little cold, so we got a bus transfer to FCO for 20 Euros each after taking Port transportation to the exit of the port! Very good service and we saved $65.00 each. Celebrity wanted a $92 transfer fee for the same service! Go to entrance of the Port and plenty of transportation options available! No Problem! At the airport we checked our bags and took the train into Rome! We did some sightseeing and returned to FCO at 7:00PM and checked into our flight!

We were very satisfied with Celebrity since this was our first cruise with them, but food service needs improvement! I must say the Celebrity Repeaters were always very happy!!! Also, most Celebrity Employees were very happy with their work and working for Celebrity! Very Good! Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Reflection Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Reflection 3107

Cabin 3107 noise coming from the ceiling! Not sure what was originating noise! Overall, very happy with cabin, but room stewards need more training!