Carnival Glory Cruise Review by BlueShoes: 1st Time Cruiser....

BlueShoes
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Bahamas Cruises

1st Time Cruiser....

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Norfolk

We arrived at the Norfolk, VA port and the first thing you need to do is make sure your luggage has tags on it (you should have received an email from the cruise line giving your printable luggage tags). Our luggage arrived at our cabin about an hour after departure.

We felt secure entering ship. All officers did their job well checking bags etc.

There were plenty of activities for everyone; however if you are a person that doesn't drink, gamble or smoke (like myself) then I suggest finding fun in enjoying the view of the ocean, singing karaoke, eating till your heart's content; reading; going to the shows, walking the decks. Keep a positive frame of mind. Unfortunately, it rained in Nassau and in Freeport so we didn't get a chance to enjoy the beaches. We paid for an excursion in Freeport to a botanical garden and even though it rained like cats and dogs we were offered to purchase ponchos for $2 each and go on the tour anyhow. I felt so sorry for the senior citizens More that had to walk in the torrential rain. We were told we weren't getting our money back due to inclement weather.

The food on the Lido Deck is the best (9th floor- food court). It's so much better than what's served in the Golden Restaurant (anytime dining). However the service in the restaurant is 1st class (wow). A Big Shout out to Nevin who is a humble man; and had the best disposition. Blessings to you.

My only complaint was that we were in the cabin next to the "frat boys from hell" . For two days straight, they were purposely making crazy loud noises -, drunk and especially rude to a woman who was cleaning their rooms. Since we were on vacation...my husband convinced me to let it go; they came close to getting their @#x## whipped by me.(I was imagining all of this lol)

Despite bad weather and loud neighbors the cruise itself is wonderful; lot's to do and had a ball. I would cruise again with Carnival. Oh, and the captain was awesome. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>