Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by lakelorain: Explorer does it again

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Explorer does it again

Sail Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Other

This was my 5th cruise on the Explorer and I've found the experience to be consistently wonderful.
Embarkation was quick and organized. Service was outstanding throughout the cruise. Disembarkation was also fast with no wait at customs.
People on the cruise were courteous and friendly, as was the staff. There was a good mix of people of all ages. Formal nights were definitely formal. Many people dressed up on all nights.
The headliner shows were the best I've seen. However, the production shows are getting old. I'm tired of seeing the same ones over and over. The ice show was fantastic, as always.
The Explorer is an older ship that spends a lot of time in the North Atlantic causing significant wear and tear. You would not know this when you are aboard. Our cabin was in good condition. Only the bathroom floor tile needed some work. During the cruise our balcony was painted and some touch up painting was done in the bathroom.
The menu was good but heavy on More the seafood side. Since I'm allergic to shellfish my options were sometimes very limited .
We were disappointed that there was only a DJ instead of a live band on sail away. Also the shops had very little merchandise. Many shelves were empty. Even the big sales had very limited stock.
All in all it was a great cruise on a great ship with an outstanding staff. I would do it again in a minute. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 9292

Since we've been to Bermuda many times we just walked around the Dockyard area. We visited the fort and watched the Dolphin Encounter. Also visited the shops in the area and took a walk to the local beach. It was an easy, inexpensive way to enjoy the area.
Read 124 Hamilton Reviews

A wonderful beach day. Labadee is beautiful with something for everyone. We hit the beach and watched the many people coming down the zipline. Also had the mandatory Labadoozie.
Read 356 Labadee Reviews

Old San Juan is a wonderful area to explore. Again, we've been there many times so we elected to walk around and visit the outlets. We've been to all the tourist sights during previous visits.
Read 1358 San Juan Reviews

Can't remember how many times we've been to St. Maarten but we know it well. Elected to shop this trip. Great prices and a large selection of merchandise. Take the ferry to the shopping/beach area.