Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by Lossie-Loon: Adriatic explorer and Pearls of Aegean

Lossie-Loon
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Adriatic explorer and Pearls of Aegean

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Myself and my wife booked this over a year ago as part of a party of 10, some of them as first timers.
On looking at some of the reviews I thought what have I done! I am happy to say that we had a great cruise and the negativity we read about the Majesty was unfounded by us.
The staff were very efficient and couldn't do enough for us...Food in the dining restaurants was of a very good standard and varied...The buffet dining throughout the day, although not quite as good as the restaurants was plentiful and tasty.
The shows were very good considering the lack of space they had to work with, but getting good seating after dining was a bit of a chore.
We did a couple of cycle tours (Montenegro and Katakolon) with Alex the on-board cycling specialist and I have to say they were two of my best days and a great way to see the sights not normally seen by tourists.For me Kotor in Montenegro was the jewel in the crown, what a stunning place!
The itinerary on the two weeks More in my opinion takes a bit of beating as there is so much to see and do.
My only negative thing for me was my cabin size...It was kept very clean by the hard working housekeeping crew but we found it to be a bit too small for a fortnight's cruising and I wished I had upgraded to the cabin plus size.
Would I book this ship again? Yes I would! but in a bigger cabin. Less