Crystal Serenity Cruise Review by skibunnycruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Crystal Serenity Cruise Review by skibunnycruiser
Crystal Serenity
Crystal Serenity
Member Name: skibunnycruiser
Cruise Date: August 2006
Embarkation: Stockholm
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: PH
See More About: Crystal Serenity Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Crystal Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Crystal Serenity Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Crystal Serenity Deck Plans
Crystal Serenity - Northern Europe
Overall it was an okay cruise. I don't know if it was the region of the cruise (the Baltic) or what, but the crowd was dead. We were at the late seating for dinner and there was no one in the bar before dinner. I'm not exaggerating....NO ONE. I don't know if these 800 passengers had all given up drinking or if they are all cheap because you have to pay for drinks. Regardless, it made for a boring cruise. The food is good, but I detest the cafeteria style breakfast restaurant. No one to take your tray and find you a table. Not enough tables, either. I would go to the dining room, if I were to go on Crystal again. I found the times of the dinner seatings were too early or too late. Although for an introduction to President Jackson, you could eat in the alternate dining rooms as often as you like. I think the staterooms are small. The Penthouse with Veranda is efficient, but crowded. The butler is great, but a stewardess or room service do the same thing on Silversea or Seabourn. I love the view from the gym, but found the equipment lacking. Spin bikes, please...not those old fashioned recumbent bikes. I found the shore tours to be just okay. We did better on our own, sometimes hiring a private car and guide with another couple. This was my third and probably last Crystal Cruise. I've done five or six Silversea before this last Crystal and they don't compare.

Publication Date: 10/14/06