Thomson Dream Cruise Review by davetrucker

Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: IN
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Public Rooms Not Rated

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
The Dream
Due to fly from Manchester 18 May at 13.25hr Checked in and was told to expect a delay to 15.25hr. We sat watching the info board saying 70min to gate opening and kept falling till it reached 30min then delayed till 18.45 hrs then changed to 1800hrs. Thomsom very kindly gave one Â(EURO)5 voucher per person! We did take off at 18.30hr and had a good flight to Palma. Landed and was off the plane for 22.00hr, arriving at the ship for 23.15. Check in was done quickly at the customer service desk on the ship as there were only a few of us, then the safety drill was done in the disco and on to our cabin and our luggage was waiting.

The Dream has been upgraded to Premium .From what I could see there was tea&coffee in the cabin and a flat screen tv in the cabin, new carpet in the Medussa lounge and some new chairs plus new chairs and tables in the lido area. I have also got the impression that Thomson are trying to penny pinch. When we have been on before there have always been canopies in the ocean bar early evening . Not now. In sirens self service indoor the ice cream has gone now, you have to go out side to get some cheap quality ice-cream out of a machine. The all-inclusive up grade which we have always had has been cut back a lot . A great many of the premium brands are now available at a supplement . If I had to pay the full price to upgrade to AL I do not think it is worth it.

Now as to the staff that look after you . I can only say Thomson's can be proud of them. They are first class Nothing seems to much trouble and they always seem to have smile and a friendly hello whether they are serving you or just passing by

We always have dinner in the Orion and find the food very good and the service is excellent. It is very nice to have free sitting as some times it's nice to have a table to yourself and others to share and have a chat. We normally have breakfast and lunch in Sirens which is normally self service, but I believe there has been some health problems so most of our trip the crew were serving you. I have read by some that this was done so you got smaller portions ,but I did not find that .

The entertainment on ship is very good .They try to put on something for everyone

The captain tells a story just before sailing each day and it is always amusing

The weather for our cruise was not brilliant and on Thursday night we sailed through a very bad storm but as the captain would say the proud white lady came through

The flight home had no problems and we landed 20mins early

Yes we will sail on the Dream again but I think Thomson will have to be very careful or they will lose a lot of their regulars passengers

Publication Date: 05/30/13