“This was our worst cruise ever ”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas

cruisingwithakid Rhapsody of the Seas 5 This was our worst cruise ever
cruisingwithakid
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Lets start with..... Dirty rooms when we arrived, dirty plates in the nightstands, rooms not vacuumed, etc... -YUCK!! Dinner at Chops Grill on Mothers Day: Steaks were not that great, we had better in the dining room. After being at dinner for over 2 hours with a 4 year old, we asked "may we please have a piece of cake to go, he can't sit here any longer" (have you ever sat with a 4 year old in a nice restaurant for 2 hours-an hour was his max) Our waiter asked the restaurant manager who responded "NO, desserts cannot leave the restaurant" My first thought was ummm we can take food from the buffet area what's the difference. Well that set the tone for the entire cruise we were met with the words "No, sorry we cannot help you" often. What do you do at 3:15am-I was sleeping until my mom knocked on the door and said hurry get up the rooms are flooding. A hot water pipe burst, our rooms were filling up with water-hot water at that-ankle deep by the time we had gotten up. Please note: NOBODY from Royal Caribbean knocked on our doors to advise us of what was going on. We were throwing towels and robes down on the floor and grabbing up the laptops and camera equipment up so they would not get ruined. Nobody from the ship came to check on us!! I understand that problems happen but I do not understand the lack of response or help from the ship. Yes, they changed our carpet the next day, but the hall was wet and stinky for days!!! Parents, you will never believe this one- Adventure Ocean was so tiny (it was 1 room, 1 very small room with a reception area) Our son came back the first day a little upset about his experience so we asked to be able to observe what was going on. The answer was NO we do not allow parents to observe the kids. ummmmmm..... I can walk into my childs school at anytime to check on him, do not tell me I cant see what you are doing with my kid especially when he came back crying after the first day-what are you trying to hide. He never went back!! Day 11 of our cruise we hit a rough waters, OMG..... there was vomit and the smell of vomit everywhere!! EEEEWWWW even for a mom of a toddler!! Now for a few positive things: Giovannis restaurant was super amazingly yummy and our waiter Alejandro was awesome. Alex Godoy the guest services manager sat down with us when we were finally at our wits end with the service and helped to make our vacation a little better. Our waiter Elmer and the assistant Ajay were super nice and always ready to assist my son and our family with our dinner requests. Needless to say we will never be cruising Rhapsody again. We have sailed with Royal and Celebrity numerous times, this time Royal really let us down. Families this is not a cruise ship for you!!
Rhapsody of the Seas Cruises to Hawaii
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Large Ocean View Stateroom

Port
go to the beach in front of the Westin Hotel-Great for families. You can rent an umbrella and chairs for 20 bucks.
Read 380 Maui Reviews
Published 05/30/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Rhapsody of the Seas Review
Rhapsody of the Seas Cruises to Hawaii
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?