Carnival Fascination 3

Mac9624
Member Since 2009
126 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We were on the only 7 day voyage out of Jacksonville this year and our expectations were not high knowing that it was an older ship and did not have all the bells and whistles. They certainly exceeded our expectations and a good time was had by all. We have been on 11 previous cruises with various cruise lines. We had 2 Inside cabins on the Main Deck.

We tried the $8 park & Shuttle at the entrance to the port and they did a terrible job coming and going. I am planning another trip hopefully out of Jax next year and we will definitely find an alternative Park/Shuttle.

The ship itself is older and shows some age, however we were blessed with great weather throughout the cruise and the service and staff were all excellent. Donald, Elecia and Felix at 2nd seating Imagination Dining Room were point on with their service and Wayan & Zantance were excellent Room Stewards. We ate all dinners in the MDR and they were great. Breakfast I preferred the MDR but family wanted More buffet. We ate lunch in all areas and they were great.

Shows and comedians were average to above average. the ports were great, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay & Nassau. I was going to buy a future cruise certificate but when I met the Ambassador she said you had to book your definite itinerary now in order to buy one. I did not have any idea as I probably get 2 emails a day from Carnival and that was never told to me. In the past you could use up to 2 years. Shame on Carnival. We did have a great time and if you are looking for a great value cruise to have fun, worship the sun and just getaway, I would without hesitation recommend this ship. Less

Carnival Fascination Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4Dm243
Main Deck M243 Great Inside Cabin with larger than expected bathroom.

We wandered the Port Shopping area, Went to Margaritaville Pool and swam then went to the beach and swam. Great port area just off the ship.
Read 1340 Grand Turk Reviews

We just spent the day as a beach day and had a great picnic lunch. Beautiful Island.

We have been here several times and done many of things. This time we did the walking tour again and ended up at Junkanoo Beach.
Read 4029 Nassau Reviews

Published 05/29/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review

Carnival Fascination Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?