Saga Pearl II Cruise Review by seabourndt: Quest for Adventure mini cruise

Quest for Adventure mini cruise

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

I got an email from SAGA CRUISES for a 2nt cruise on QUEST FOR ADVENTURE. As saga are a bit expensive in my opinion i decided to try it as not done this ship before.

PRE CRUISE
I forgot my debit card and had to go back for it so i called SAGA to tell them i would miss the train but they said they would pick me up from WEYMOUTH STATION. I managed to pick theb train up going a different way and called saga to tell them. I got to WEYMOUTH to find no REP or indeed a TRANSFER BUS to take me to PORTLAND. Another couple who did not have a free rail ticket got into a taxi. I called SAGA and waited an hour fpor it to get there! I went through xray and even though no sound was madfe i was still searched!!

EMBARKATION
I was shown to my cabin 461 on b deck.

CABIN
It was an ourtside cabin with 2 windows it was quite hard to open the curtains to see out. I had a good bathroom and shower with lots of oils. A fidge with nothing in it and no ice in the bucket this More was never filled as i never really saw my steward.

FOOD
I webnt to the DINING ROOm for lunch the food was good and sat with the SINGER at the show. I was the only one who had got on at the table. As the lifeboat drill was soon it was a real rush having lunch i was not offered and wine that was supposed to be free!
The other meals Lunch was ok but only 1 choice of dessert.

ENTERTAINMENT
Strange for a 2 night cruise both nights were the same singer though she was good.

EXCURSIONS
only had one and the 2 excursions was onlty 1 and was in MILFORD HAVEN of PEMBROKESHIRE COAST PATH at Â(EURO)44 was not bad but we never saw FIGHGUARD and only saw a bit of the coast, We went to ST DAVIDS managed to do the CATHEDRAL but it was quite a walk there and they were asling to pay Â(EURO)2 for a permit to take pictures there. After that it was a bit of a rush looking at the shops before we left.

THINGS TO DO
I didnt really think there was enough activities to do on this ship.

SPECIAL DINNER
I was invited tlo dine with the DIRECTOR OF SAGA SHIPPING in the WARD ROOM it was the highlight of the cruise conversation was really good.

DISEMBARKATION
As i was getting a car to the HILTON for 2 nights i could leave my luggage inside the cabin rather than put it out the night before. I was going with the DIRECTOR'S wife in the car but there was no sign of it so we had to pay Â(EURO)50 for the taxi i know we got it back but i would'nt have done it if i was on my own.

FINAL THOUGHTS
It was nice to try this ship out but i don't really think it was worth the money i could have done a transatlantic for the same price. SAGA is ok but io could'nt do a longer cruise because of the price and the transfers never happened!! Less

Read more Saga Pearl II cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Saga Pearl II Review >>

Cabin review: Saga Pearl II 461

i nice large cabin ice and something in the fridge would have been nice