Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by BritAshMom

Cabin Category: B1
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Super Duper - Happy Happyyyyy!
You won't find much negative in this review! I firmly believe anyone that did not have a good time on this cruise, only chooses to be miserable, because there were very few things that weren't perfect, and those that weren't, were nothing to get upset about.

Day 1 - We got to the Boston port around 11AM, about a half hour later then we wanted because our GPS lost connection in a tunnel, and we got lost. Cost us an extra 6 dollars in tolls, not off to a great start! haha Got there and everyone was extremely friendly. One lady kept screaming at everyone to keep your numbered ticket out, which was a bit annoying because we sat there for almost an hour and I didn't want the ticket out because I didn't want to lose it. The weather was beautiful, about 70 degrees and sunny. We paid our luggage girl 15 dollars (5 a bag) and she seemed shocked. Not sure if that was too much but we didn't have to carry them, and that was all that mattered to us.

Once we got on the boat, we went right to the ultimate beverage package signup. 394 dollars per person total, and we are glad we did! At the end of the cruise we added up what we drank, keep in mind we only had a half a day Friday and 3 days we were out and about in Bermuda. It was worth it! We spent 909 dollars so we saved over 100 :)

We sat on the pool deck, on the bimini bar side and listened to the reggae band Jammroc, drinking beverages :) We left right at 4 and it was beautiful, a little windy but nice. There was a great BBQ outside and we pigged out on that. Our rooms became available so we went and took a peak. The boat is hard to navigate the first time but we got the hang of it by day 2/3. Our bags were there and the balcony room (AFT facing, 8676) was amazing. No towel animals, in fact we only got 2 which was frustrating, but still really nice. Lots of room for all of our things. We unpacked and my boyfriend took a nap (he works second shift so was exhausted and not use to this lol) and we went to dinner at Cagneys. We had the potato cheese soup, the pulled beef with carmelized onions and the filet mignon. We wish we knew how amazing it all was because we weren't super hungry that night and couldn't finish it all, let alone get dessert. They also give you a free bottle of wine but we do not drink that. We wish we would've gotten it and given it as a gift tho.

That night we could not keep our eyes open and were in bed by 11 watching a movie. Great movies on the TV, but thats about it for good television unfortunately.

Day 2 - At sea

We woke up early and got breakfest at the garden cafe. Very good food on the go. We went poolside immediately and met 2 nice girls there while we drank some cold drinks. My boyfriend is a redhead so went to the room after a few hours and I stayed out. Watched the mens sexy leg comptetition. It was pretty funny, minus a couple men who clearly LOVE attention a little too much. You actually saw them the entire cruise participating in everything they could so they could be the star of the show, taking their shirts off everytime. We didn't let them annoy us tho as they didn't matter :)

We got ready and went to dinner at the blue lagoon. Then got some really nice pictures done. Went to the deal or no deal show and played along, did pretty well and won free instant cards. Went and checked out Tim Kaminsky (comedian) and he was absolutly hilarious! Great laughs. We checked out the casino and did not like that one bit. Smoke everywhere and nothing worth spending your money on. We left there and went to a bar for a drink then called it a night. Hadnt found our groove yet for the night life but we did eventually ;-)

Day 3 - Bermuda

Pulled into Bermuda around 1030. What a beautiful arrival. The weather was gorgeous. We grabbed a quick breakfest and got in line to leave. Very easy getting on and off the boat. We went to get our bus/ferry 3 day passes but you cant use your card there so had to walk a ways to get to an ATM at the frog and onion. We figured since we were there we would grab lunch. Very expensive but DELICIOUS. I also got a great 45 oz margarita, cost 26.50 but got to get a HUGE keepsake margarita glass, so worth it :) Went and got our passes, everyone there is SO helpful.. Kind, generous, wonderful to talk to. We really enjoyed Bermuda but most of all the people who live there. We went to Horseshoe Bay and it was gorgeous. Very busy but plenty of space to lay out. The wind was blowing like crazy tho, we only stayed there about a half hour. Theres a bus that takes you to the top for 2 dollars we were going to take but we wanted to go to Gibbs lighthouse. The man who would've made money off of us actually helped us get there a different way even tho it took money out of his pocket. Thats how Bermudians are, they are all about helping you even if it doesn't help them. We took a cab to the lighthouse and went into the gift shop to get tickets and some gifts. Climbed the top, HOLY COW, exhausting! I'm in good shape and even I was sore the next day. The view was astounding but the wind was crazy and i felt like I was going to blow off the top. It started to sprinkle a little bit so we left and took a wrong turn to the bus stop. Had to walk a mile back uphill with no sidewalks which probably didn't help the calves ;-)

That night we stumbled upon kareoke. We met some awesome people! Pat the canadian who sang Kenny Rodgers and was amazing, Big Jon (I called him Big Tony) who sang Sinatra better then Sinatra, and the cruise staff hosting it (Justin & Wally) were amazing! Wally told us about a bermuda beach party at night the next night, probably the best tip we got the whole time.

We went to the spinnaker lounge after for dancing. I had a little bit too much to drink and had a "spinny" night in bed :-p

Day 4 - Bermuda

Woke up feeling not so hot, shockingly ;-) Grabbed a great breakfest at the blue lagoon, french toast, and a drink for the hair of the dog. Right back to 100% :) We took the ferry to Hamilton (about 20 minutes) and did some shopping. Flying Colors is a great gift shop store. Then we went by bus to the Swizzle Inn and had THE BEST lunch ive had in a long time. I got the famous Rum Swizzle and the chicken quesadilla with spicy fries. Then we got ice cream across the street and took the bus back (about 45 minutes). Then we waited in line for the ferry which was very disorganized. They created several lines after people had been waiting a while and let the lines with people that just got there on before the people that were there in the beginning. Everyone did get on but there were elderly people very hot who should've been on right away and werent.

We got back to the ship and took a nap, ate and got ready. We went to deal or no deal then kareoke, then 80s night in the spinnaker. Then we went to Snorkel Park Beach around midnight for that party Wally told us about. What an amazing time! Dancing, ON THE BEACH, at midnight in 70 degree weather to reggae music. Couldn't ask for better. We thought we were leaving around 2 but it was actually only 1, we were exhausted.

Day 5 - Last day in Bermuda

We woke up early again and went to sea glass beach via bus. We picked a few pieces of glass, like 3 each, and took the bus back to town. We went to snorkel park beach this day and rented a beach chair (15$) and snorkel gear (10$).. They bring the chair right out to you. Got a great drink in a coconut carved into a monkey. Great souvenier :) Music playing was great but service at restaurant was so terrible we walked away. Took her 30 minutes and she didnt even bring us a menu, we got our own and 10 seconds after we got it she asked if we knew what we wanted, which we didnt. We did order a drink and waited another 30 minutes and she was nowhere to be found. We knew we'd be there hours at this rate so we left our stuff on the beach and went to Bone Fish Bar & Grill for lunch which was great. Service great, food amazing and quick! Went back to the beach and my boyfriend had to leave again so he didnt get too much sun. I stayed for about an hour and a half. I had bought wifi there for 10 dollars and was having fun catching up with friends online :)

That night we were very VERY sad to leave Bermuda. It was one of the saddest times of the trip for sure. We went to dinner that night and then the chocolate buffett which wasn't what I expected. Lots of cakes and cheesecakes and I was looking for some GOOD chocolate like truffles, brownies, anything with peanut butter lol.. Then we went to kareoke again, which was becoming our "Cheers" like bar. I can't remember what else we did this night but we were starting to have a blast at night. Had a great time with the same people and it was nice to get to know some people finally :)

Day 6 - at sea

We went to the pool and we are so thankful for where we sat because we met two great girls from New York who I wish we wouldve met on day 1, Emy & Maryann. Great girls and became very good friends with them :) We sat poolside for the day and my boyfriend left early again due to sun. I wish I would've joined him. I got super burned even tho i'm very tan and my arm had a scaly like rash on it, possibly heat rash? We went to dinner and then met Emy & Maryann at the Second City comedy show which was great. Then we went to kareoke for a little bit and then the White Hot Party. The waves were a little rougher then they had been that night and I felt terrible. My boyfriend got me my wristbands that I hadn't had to use yet but nothing was really helping. I just think the sun and the waves and all the alcohol that I never consume at home was taking its toll on me. I didn't get to enjoy the party as much as I normally would've and that was disappointing :(

Day 7 - at sea

I woke up early and met Emy at the spa for a massage. I had a great 50 minute swedish massage for 140$ (that includes the tip) but didn't like her trying to sell me all the product after. I would've considered buying it at home but not on a cruise ship where I won't be able to get it again for a year.

Then we packed all of our stuff so we didn't have to do it that night. We opted for an easy disembarktion where we carry our own bags but we wanted it all done. Emy called me and wanted to meet at the pool. I wore sunscreen a shirt and shorts even tho it was super hot because I didn't want to be overexposed to sun again on our last night there. I ended up staying with them for a while and watched the sexy ladies booty contest which was a hoot.

We went to the raffle to see who would win a 7 day cruise paid for and it clearly wasnt us or I wouldve said something a little sooner. Im 29 and played my first game of bingo and was one number away from winning the grand jackpot. Very bummed I didnt as it was a huge chunk, thousands of dollars. Maybe next time ;-)

This was a busy night, we had lots on the agenda. We met at 9 for bollywood which was an amazing show. Then we went to Second City comedy again. After that we did "The Quest", an adults only scavenger hunt with the comedian Tim Kaminsky. We were team number 1 and I was the chosen one to bring the things we found up. I won't post too much in case you've never seen it, but be prepared to rip a bra off if you're a woman, or wear lipstick if you're a man. We laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

After that it was about midnight and we had to be up early to leave so we said our goodbyes which was very sad.

We met some amazing people, made some amazing memories and saw the most beautiful sights. We put a deposit down on another vacation with NCL. 250$, they give you a 100$ credit, so you really spend 150$ but get 250$ twoards your next cruise. Only thing is you have to book it within 4 years. Done deal, we will be back next year :)

One more thing, we noticed there was a charge to our room from the mini bar. I had taken a soda because i was dying for one but that shouldnt have been 21 dollars. I checked with them and they said we took a vodka, which we didnt, nor would we because we had unlimited drinks. I got a little annoyed with that but they took it off of there, which im greatful for since we spent a LARGE amount of money with them and didn't want that to tarnish how I felt about their great service.

Publication Date: 05/29/13