Carnival Dream Cruise Review by christadv: Living the DREAM

Overall Member Rating

Living the DREAM

Sail Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Other

I had the opportunity to cruise the Western Caribbean seas to three great countries aboard the Carnival Dream July 21-28, 2012. I went with a group of over 15 family members. This was my mother's and cousin's first time on the cruise and this is a great boat for first timers. There was so much activities aboard the ship. One Word, wonderful! Life on deck is a one of a kind experience. You are FREE. Free from your typical life back at home. No worries, about work, school and the daily stress.

The ship itself was beautiful. The rooms were spacious and were kept nice and clean by the hotel staff. The food was amazing as always and the nightly shows were awesome. There was plenty to enjoy while on the ship, there were many planned activities on the Fun Times that I could occupy my with with. The cruise director was amazing, friendly and funny.

The only problem that I encounter was a horrible smell on my cabin floor. It was a smell of human feces and pineapples. This More smell lingered from about the second day until the end of the cruise. Lucky I could not smell it while in my stateroom.

Besides the horrid smell on the lower level floors, the trip was phenomenal. Less

Published 05/28/13

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 6M1245 Deluxe Ocean View

The cabin was like any other outside cabin across the Carnival Cruise line fleet, with the addition of a separate washroom and a bathroom. Having these two rooms to get ready in the morning and before dinner was wonderful. The beds were comfortable and there was adequate living space and storage. The cabin steward kept the room nice and clean every night and I could always expect a towel animal on my bed after dinner and the show. Here is a tour of the room:

Read All Deluxe Ocean View (6M) Reviews >>

Cave-Tubing Adventure

Cave tubing in Belize was a great experience. To make it all better, our tour guide Suzette was awesome and hilarious! I visited the crystal cave in Belize after taking a short hike through a forest/jungle. It was very hot out there and full of insects. I recommend drinking plenty of water before doing this adventure. Be sure to wear bug spray. You are allowed to bring your cameras, waterproof of course. Since this is a water adventure, you are going to need water shoes not flip-flops. You will walk, tube and maybe swim through the cave (swimming is optional). The water was very cool and refreshing after the hot sweaty hike there. All needed equipment was provided with admission. I booked this excursion through Carnival Cruise line during my Western Caribbean cruise July 24, 2012. This was a very informative tour and is great for all ages. I really enjoyed this experience. Check out my video and some photos of this awesome excursion:

Chacchoben Mayan Ruins

I have always heard about the Mayan ruins in history class and seen them on the Discovery Channel but I have never seen them with my own eyes until my trip to Costa Maya's Chacchoben ruins. I was so excited that this excursion was available as an excursion. It was a marvel to look upon. I even got the chance to climb a few temples. However, it was too hot to really enjoy.

I did the Adventure Park, Zip Line & Snorkel Combo and it was great. The tour guide was informative and helpful. First we did zip line, we were able to cross bridges and ropes that were elevated between tall structures, climb ladders and light houses in order to zip across or propel down walls. We then went snorkeling. The waters were crystal clear and I was able to spot various fish and sting rays. We then had the rest of the afternoon to enjoy the onsite beach or pool and a complementary drink.

The beach at Mahogany bay, Isla Roatan was nice. The sand was warm, but not too easy on the feet. I recommend wearing some type of water shoe or sandals while on the beach farther away from the shore line. There were sticks and pine cones in the sand. The water was also full of sea weed, and did not feel too nice on the feet. The water was also pretty cloudy and the visibility not too good. But I pretty much enjoy any beach.
Read 2217 Roatan Reviews

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Member Since 2010
8 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X