Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Katwhack

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: N
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

What a great first trip on RCCL!
My family and I were very happy with our experience on this cruise! My sister and I have taken 3 Disney Cruises before this, so our expectations were pretty high. We were not disappointed.

We came in a day early and stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port, which was great. You can see the cruise ships right out your window in the morning.

We took a shuttle over around 11am and were on the ship by Noon. I thought the embarkation process was pretty good, although, I felt like I didn't have to wait so long with Disney.

We went right up and ate and by the time we were done eating, our staterooms were ready. We had 2 rooms on Deck 7, one inside room and 1 balcony. The inside room was pretty darn small, although, we were expecting that. I really missed the double bathroom on Disney and the tub shower. The shower we had was kind of like those old school bank deposit tubes, pretty funny to try and use, but it was fine. The beds were actually pretty comfortable. They had memory foam mattress toppers.

The balcony room was great, nice balcony and both rooms were in a nice quiet area very close to the Mid Ship elevators.

We had Second seating dining and our crew was very nice and attentive. A little different from Disney, as we had nice budding relationships with our wait staff on the Disney Magic at the end and found it hard to leave. But, absolutely no complaints with them or the food. I thought the food was very good!

The shows were pretty good. I particularly enjoyed Mo5iac, which I had never heard of before this cruise! Very talented! The stage shows were alright, but, sorry, Disney wins hands down on their stage shows. The other entertainment shows that the Cruise Director and cruise staff MCed were hilarious. I have to say that our Cruise Director Richard Spacey is unlike any other Cruise Director I have ever seen. He was so funny and entertaining! We made it a point to go to everything he hosted just to see what he would do. Make sure you go to the show where he does the Evolution of Dance before the main show. You'll be sorry if you miss it! I also highly recommend going to the the Marriage Show and the Quest for sure!

My sister and I also pretty much spent every night in the nightclub The Crypt, which I liked, as we could always find an seat. We would have a drink or two watch others and dance a little too.

The islands we went to were Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. We loved them all! Coco Cay was small and not quite as awesome as Disney's Island, Castaway Cay, but it was still a great beach day. Make sure you get off the boat early so you don't have to wait in line for a tender and you can get prime beach chairs on the beach.

St. Thomas was awesome! I have been there before, but this time we did an all day excursion on a pirate ship that goes to Turtle Cove and Honeymoon Beach. I highly recommend this excursion, despite that it is the entire day. The crew was really nice and made it a point to talk to everyone, remember our names and make sure we had a good time. Turtle Cove was great and Honeymoon Beach was the best! Pretty much it was only our boat there.

St. Maarten was nice, although it was pouring rain when we got there and our excursion was cancelled. So, we spent the day shopping.

The last thing to say getting off the ship was super easy! We took the first slot at 7:15am :( because we were going to Disney World for the day. They called our group right at 7:15 and we were through customs with our bags at 7:30 or 7:45.

So, all in all, a great time and we are already planning on when to go again!

Publication Date: 05/28/13