Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by mrkg1234

Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: 1B
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

All we expected and more!
As first time cruisers (longer than 3 days on a small boat!), I guess we were pretty excited ( and my husband would say "huge understatement!") for the whole year leading up to our trip. I did so much research on cruise critic, and the celebrity website, that I felt I knew the ship before we even got on it!

I have read so many differing reviews, I have to ask myself...were these people on the same ship? Even the same cruise?? I know as first timers, we don't have any comparisons, but REALLY?? I can only think this world is full of hard to please people.

We went on this cruise for a Holiday, and that is what we had. From start to finish, every part of it was great.

The ship is mind blowing. Except for a couple of events ( crossing the equator ceremony around the pool area) we never felt crowded at all. You could always find a quiet place to sit and read if that's what you wanted, or something fun to do if that was your thing.

Food was exceptional, and we ate in most places. You would have to be super fussy not to find something to your liking!

The staff were outstanding on the whole. ( my husband had a run in with a nurse in the medical centre.....I'm afraid she let the team down!)

Our room attendants couldn't have been more accommodating. Always ready with a big smile and an "anything I can get for you?"

Yes, there was a gastro bug on board with us, and my husband had a couple of days in the cabin, but to be honest, it certainly didn't ruin our trip. The staff certainly worked their butts off trying to keep all surfaces clean, so it had to have been spread by passengers that were less than hygienic.

The ports we visited were great, and for the amount of passengers that were unloaded & loaded again at each stop, Celebrity did a great job. Again, really, what do people expect?? Not everyone gets off at the same time....geeez!

We also had the premium drinks package. It was so nice to know all these costs were payed up front and only a few on board purchases added to our bill.

Overall, our cruise on the Solstice will never be forgotten. (Our kids at home are sick of hearing about it!! Lol)

We are already planning & about to book the next one.....on the Solstice again.

Luckily for our kids this one is only 7 months away!!

Publication Date: 05/28/13