Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by mrkg1234: All we expected and more!

mrkg1234
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Hawaii Cruises

All we expected and more!

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

As first time cruisers (longer than 3 days on a small boat!), I guess we were pretty excited ( and my husband would say "huge understatement!") for the whole year leading up to our trip. I did so much research on cruise critic, and the celebrity website, that I felt I knew the ship before we even got on it!
I have read so many differing reviews, I have to ask myself...were these people on the same ship? Even the same cruise?? I know as first timers, we don't have any comparisons, but REALLY?? I can only think this world is full of hard to please people.
We went on this cruise for a Holiday, and that is what we had. From start to finish, every part of it was great.
The ship is mind blowing. Except for a couple of events ( crossing the equator ceremony around the pool area) we never felt crowded at all. You could always find a quiet place to sit and read if that's what you wanted, or something fun to do if that was your thing.
Food was exceptional, and we ate in most More places. You would have to be super fussy not to find something to your liking!
The staff were outstanding on the whole. ( my husband had a run in with a nurse in the medical centre.....I'm afraid she let the team down!)
Our room attendants couldn't have been more accommodating. Always ready with a big smile and an "anything I can get for you?"
Yes, there was a gastro bug on board with us, and my husband had a couple of days in the cabin, but to be honest, it certainly didn't ruin our trip. The staff certainly worked their butts off trying to keep all surfaces clean, so it had to have been spread by passengers that were less than hygienic.
The ports we visited were great, and for the amount of passengers that were unloaded & loaded again at each stop, Celebrity did a great job. Again, really, what do people expect?? Not everyone gets off at the same time....geeez!
We also had the premium drinks package. It was so nice to know all these costs were payed up front and only a few on board purchases added to our bill.
Overall, our cruise on the Solstice will never be forgotten. (Our kids at home are sick of hearing about it!! Lol)
We are already planning & about to book the next one.....on the Solstice again.
Luckily for our kids this one is only 7 months away!! Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Oceanveiw Stateroom Vista Deck (8) 9127

Great cabin, plenty of storage and no noise problems ( except neighbor who liked to bang his door every night. :( )

Lots of locals offering varied tours once again. Took a two hour jeep ride for $40 that turned out to be 3 1/2 hrs! Great tour, lots of laughs and a gorgeous swim in the crystal clear waters of BoraBora!

(5)
Loved Lahaina! Need a week to do lots more exploring. We went to Kaanapali beach and had a nice swim. Wandered the shops at Lahaina town and soaked up the fact we were finally in Hawaii!!
Read 262 Maui Reviews

Loved Moorea. Took a local tour 4x4 jeep ride around the island. Great guide and fantastic views. Took a boat ride out to swim with rays and reef sharks. Beautiful clear water. Great day.
Read 55 Moorea Reviews

We decided to use the local hop on hop off bus for $10 that was for the whole day. We went around the main part of town and up to a couple of lookouts.
Read 68 Noumea Reviews

Walked around city of Papeete for a couple of hours. Not overly impressed.