MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Forever Autumn: MOODY BLUES CRUISE EXPERIENCE

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Southern Caribbean Cruises

MOODY BLUES CRUISE EXPERIENCE

Sail Date: March 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I saw an ad for the Moody Blues cruise on an email I received from a site that keeps me informed of all the Moody's happenings. I thought, man, I'd love to do that. It would be a once in a lifetime experience. You see, I'm not a "well to do". My usual entertainment is tent camping and hiking.
To do this would be a huge life event for me. It wasn't just a matter of choosing where to take my "Spring cruise". I'd never been on a cruise before and probably never would have taken a cruise if not for the Moody Blues. I called my daughter, she is 24, she has listened to the Moodys since she was in my belly via my huge headphones and she knows all their music as well as I.
We joked about going, were very tempted until finally I said let's do it! This was no small decision. The cost of such an extraagance was huge for my budget. But being able to pay for out tickets in installments helped considerably. You cannot imagine the way I felt the day of the cruise, driving up and seeing that More beautiful ship. I'm doing my best here to instill the feelings I felt of awe, crazy excitment and feeling so blessed just to be able to do this and to do it with one of the people I love best.
I don't feel I can truly give you a picture of what it was like, but if you are like me, just maybe you are feeling again what you felt that morning.
As for the accomodations, having nothing to compare it to, I was like a child. Everything was new and exciting. I was amazed that the staff tidied our room twice a day! I had no problem with sea sickness which was a concern. I loved the smell of the body wash and to be honest, I took a little home with me to remember just the way it was.
In the morining, I went on the walking deck which was just under the life boats that were hung above and I walked the deck with my headphones listening to Dawn is a Feeling, on my cd player and praised God for the wonderful day. It brings tears to my eyes now just remembering.
The Moodys were great in concert as always. I enjoyed the informal gathering near the pool with them listening to their stories and seeing them as real people, but never approachable. I also loved the Little River Band and thought they were great.
As for food, I loved it. My daughter and I ate at the buffet and enjoyed it so much, looking out at the water with the sun glistening on the waves. We also ate dinner at the restaurant where the staff carrier flaming baked Alaska and that was so cool!!!

I've read the negative reviews about the cruise line but mostly it seems that those were from folks who purchased the VIP package. I knew that wasn't a possibility, I just wanted to be there. I worked hard to get the necessary funds just to be there. I'm so thankful that at age 61 there are still many things to do that will be blessings to me and I'm not so materialistically saturated that I cannot still be as excited as a child at times. Remember what this cruise was, it was time spent with the Moody Blues. A group who have never sung about anything but the beauty of the world God gave us and the love we should feel for one another. They came out of the most un-materialistic era ever. And I thank God that I am still there and able to feel and know when I'm being blessed. I would have loved to just say "Thank You!" to the Moodys because they I have enjoyed their music so much my whole life. It must be wonderful to be the Moodys and know that!
Forever Autmn Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Interior Ungaretti Deck

I loved it! I was amazed that the staff tidied up twice daily. Also, the staff was great, friendly and helpful. Thanks for a wonderful time!!

spent time on the beach and shopping

Dunn's River Falls

we just drove there to drop others off