Celebrity Solstice 5

“SYDNEY TO CAIRNS AND BACK”
Cruise review of Celebrity Solstice

timbuctu
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

The embarkation and disembarkation, a breeze - no problems. We knew our way around as we sailed on the sister ship, the Equinox two years ago.

Cabin 8204 - My wife and I loved our mid ship balcony cabin. Bed very comfortable, best shower water mixer. Cabin stewards were very good all round - nothing was a problem for them.

The food quality was of a high standard, always found something different each day with the result we did not have to use the specialty restaurants. We always found a table without fail, although there were thousands of people in the buffet at breakfast and lunch times.

Beautiful ship, easy to get around - congrats to the staff - ship very clean everywhere.

Plenty of activities on board for all ages, we did our own shore excursions.

On board nightly entertainment was fair, only the jazz quartet was of high standard. Ballroom and Latin dancing was almost non existent. The band could not keep the correct timing and tempo ( why More not just use recorded music for the real dances). The DJ was awful - hardly any R & B music played.

Although we had a good time overall, my wife and I will re-assess going on Celebrity cruises again as dancing is one of our night time favorites. There were other couples saying the same thing about the dancing.

Cruise director, Ian, please take note. Less

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Veranda

2B8204
The cabin was great, the bed was comfortable and the mixer in the shower was good. The cupboard and storage space was ample. Cabins were kept very spotless and tidy and stewards always asked if everything was OK. I liked the bed turn down at night and the chocolates on the pillows. The various towel displays were very artistic.

Published 05/28/13

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review

Celebrity Solstice Cruises to Australia & New Zealand

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?