Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Tampa cruiser1963

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Tampa cruiser1963
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Paradise
Member Name: Tampa cruiser1963
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: PT
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Paradise April 29 Grand Cayman, Cozumel.
I parked at 241 parking in the port area, cheap, friendly and efficient. Embarkation: Quick and easy, I had FTTF but would have been fine without it.

Stateroom; I had a porthole stateroom on the Riviera deck. It was spotless and stayed that way thanks to my wonderful room steward who I never saw until the last day, I gave him a nice tip.

Dining; The food in the MDR was excellent, the best I have had on Carnival yet. The first night I had the flat iron steak. This is a cut that is easy too mess up, but when done right it is super tender and flavor able, mine was exactly that. The next night was elegant night so I had the prime rib and lobster of course, they were both great. I had the Greek farmer's salad with it and mentioned to my waiter (Kresimir) how much I liked it and wished it was on the every day menu. He said he could special order it for me on the next night and he came through, a great guy. The next night I did the Chef's table. I am a foodie and was really looking forward to it. I was not disappointed. It started out with an appetizer and champagne reception in the galley. Our host for this was the head chef, he was great and had a lot of interesting tales to tell. He has been with Carnival for 15 years and previous to that he was the personal chef to the King of Dubai. The meal was seven courses and the Chef explained in detail about each one. My water and wine glasses were never empty. I highly recommend the Chef's table. The lido food at lunch was it's typical of Carnival, the buffet stuff is OK but not great. I prefer the deli where they make you a fresh sandwich to order, very good.

Entertainment; If you like live entertainment, the Paradise has it all still. Although the Lido Calypso band has been replaced by a DJ the Paradise still has; Production show, two comedians, a pianist, a soloist/singer, a magician, and TWO live bands (my favorite is Blood Power). I did not go to the shows, but I did go see one of the comedians adults only show, she was hilarious.

Ports of call. I did not do any excursions on this cruise. I took a self guided walking tour in Georgetown, GC. Very interesting. You see the big lizards walking around everywhere and chickens and rooster walking all around downtown, I spotted some chicken's walking in front of a KFC, not a good idea for them;) The water around GC is clear and you can see fish 10' below the surface. I would have hung out longer but the heat was becoming unbearable.

In Cozumel I just hanged around the Three Amigos bar by the pier. It was a lot of fun and the staff was great. They carry the drinks on top of their head to the tables (sometimes double stacked) I never saw them drop one. A DJ was playing music (thankfully not too load) And the movie that the bar was themed on was playing on the TV.

Ship's crew; Everyone I had any dealing with was absolutely great. The bartenders at the Casino bar (Viktoriia and Ursula) were so nice and made me fabulous drinks. The captain on this ship was very accessible. He came out after dinner each night and mingled with us guests while he was enjoying the Blood Power band (he must be a fan of theirs like I am).

Deck areas; I am not much of one for the Lido deck, I like the adults only serenity deck. It is very nice and has a wonderful aft view, the ship's wake churning up the beautiful blue Caribbean water is mesmerizing. That deck is always close to full, but I managed to find a sun lounger chair without too much problem.

All in all this was my best cruise yet. The service was extraordinary, I give cash tips in addition to the automatic ones. I was so pleased that on the last night I went to guest services and had them double the automatic tips so as not to leave anyone out.

Publication Date: 05/28/13