“Just OK”

rhy930
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I cruised from FLL to Europe April 28 to May 12 in Rome. Ship very attractive. Crew pleasant. Food very disappointing. I love escargot and look forward to it when I cruise. The Ruby served it once and then with the other "fancy food", Lobster, Filet, etc. I hate when they only serve those foods together. Most of the food uninspiring to me. Service good. I traveled with my brother and a friend. We were a table for 3 which didn't seem to be a problem. Since I paid double for a single room, I could have had a better trip. We ate in the italian specialty dining room one night and that was well worth the cost. Breakfast was bland, pre cooked eggs, good bacon and once I found cheese and smoked salmon I was fine. Fruit in buffet was good as was the service. I had a handicapped cabin, which was excellent. I traveled on my mobility scooter and the room was very spacious. I enjoyed one of the shows, and didn't bother going to most. Since seats were difficult at the movies under the stars I either went to the theater (plenty of room) or watched movies in my room. First cruise that didn't serve cocktails with room service. They would sell you a bottle of liquor, but not a drink. I don't get it. My biggest complaint was the excursions. They were not accessible for a sootier. I was told I couldn't bring my scooter along, which had me sitting in the bus. However, when I just drove my scooter down to the bus on the last trip (Pisa) the bus driver put the scooter under the bus and in the back of the tram we used in Pisa. No problem. I wonder how many trips I missed because they didn't have a clue at the excursion desk. My brother enjoyed the trip and took active excursions. He agreed about the food and entertainment. We had the best movies, and this year there were some really good movies. My favorite activity was the many Trivia games throughout the day. We met lovely people at those games. Also through Cruise Critic's forums, I got to play Mah Jong and enjoyed a Book Review. That was really nice. I probably will go back to Celebrity and Azamara for my next trip, or maybe try another. My bed was large and lumpy, the fruit brought into the room was never freshened. Room service was good. And except for the excursion desk, the service was very good.
Ruby Princess Cruises to Transatlantic
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BCR301
Great cabin, of course, I was alone in an accessible cabin. Tons of space, Closet big enough for 2. I didn't use an entire chest of drawers. Bathroom excellent.

Port
Know if you are disabled, there isn't any vehicle on Gibralter that will carry a scooter.
Published 05/28/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Ruby Princess Review
Ruby Princess Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?