“17 day Panama Canal cruise NY to LA”
Cruise review of Norwegian Jewel

iwannaseetheworld Norwegian Jewel 5 17 day Panama Canal cruise NY to LA
iwannaseetheworld
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
17 days of cruising left me feeling spoiled rotten. The Jewel is a very nice ship and there are plenty of things to do. On this cruise, there were a couple of places that were very hot and HUMID, which doesn't suit me, but going through the Panama Canal was exciting and worth the sweat. The food in the main dining rooms and the buffet was good, but nothing special. One week of eating the "included" meals isn't bad but for a 17 day cruise we needed to get some variety and we ate in the specialty restaurants 8 times. If it is in your budget, I highly recommend Cagney's, Le Bistro, Chin Chin and Mama's. The entertainment on board was fabulous and there was plenty of variety. The service, especially by our "bar servers" and room steward was outstanding. Boarding was speedy but disembarkation was a disorganized mess. I love the daily newspaper things they give out, but a lot of it is redundant and there is a lot they could include but don't. It seems they are constantly pushing the spa, shopping and art auctions... and don't tell you much about the ports we'll be visiting (well, except to push the shore excursions). We visited Colombia (no need to ever go there again), Costa Rica (beautiful country), and several places in Mexico. I'm not a shopper, but I do usually buy some souveniers and stuff. In 3 of the places we stopped, the sales pitches never stopped and the vendors were annoying, which only makes me turn and walk away. Cabo San Lucas is gorgeous.
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BB10132
Stateroom 10132 - decent size room with balcony that is perfect for two people. Lots of closet and drawer space. Small desk/work area was nice for our laptop. Sofa for 2, not very comfortable, but who spends any time there anyway...?
Published 05/28/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jewel Review
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Panama Canal & Central America
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?