Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by iwannaseetheworld

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by iwannaseetheworld
Norwegian Jewel
Norwegian Jewel
Member Name: iwannaseetheworld
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

17 day Panama Canal cruise NY to LA
17 days of cruising left me feeling spoiled rotten. The Jewel is a very nice ship and there are plenty of things to do. On this cruise, there were a couple of places that were very hot and HUMID, which doesn't suit me, but going through the Panama Canal was exciting and worth the sweat.

The food in the main dining rooms and the buffet was good, but nothing special. One week of eating the "included" meals isn't bad but for a 17 day cruise we needed to get some variety and we ate in the specialty restaurants 8 times. If it is in your budget, I highly recommend Cagney's, Le Bistro, Chin Chin and Mama's.

The entertainment on board was fabulous and there was plenty of variety. The service, especially by our "bar servers" and room steward was outstanding. Boarding was speedy but disembarkation was a disorganized mess. I love the daily newspaper things they give out, but a lot of it is redundant and there is a lot they could include but don't. It seems they are constantly pushing the spa, shopping and art auctions... and don't tell you much about the ports we'll be visiting (well, except to push the shore excursions). We visited Colombia (no need to ever go there again), Costa Rica (beautiful country), and several places in Mexico. I'm not a shopper, but I do usually buy some souveniers and stuff. In 3 of the places we stopped, the sales pitches never stopped and the vendors were annoying, which only makes me turn and walk away. Cabo San Lucas is gorgeous.

Publication Date: 05/28/13
More Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Norwegian Jewel review Read the next Norwegian Jewel review

More Panama Canal & Central America Reviews
Panana Cruise Exciting
The Human Touch Makes The...
Amazing in every way