Carnival Elation Cruise Review by Grumpy's Wife: A fun quick trip with friends

Grumpy's Wife
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Elation Western Caribbean Cruises

A fun quick trip with friends

Sail Date: May 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

We sailed on the Carnival Elation May 9-13th. We arrived in New Orleans on Wednesday night so we could enjoy the city and not have to fight traffice coming in to New Orleans on sailing day.
*Parking - We have reserved parking with Machu Picchu Tours in advance. The man called me on Thursday morning to make sure I had directions to his garage. We met our friends that have driven in from Alabama at the garage at around 10:00. The garage looks like a big warehouse but I knew that from friends that had used it before. When we pulled in our bags were unloaded and we paid for parking and he brought our trucks in the covered warehouse. They will give you your keys back to keep but we asked him to keep them for us. He loaded us in the van and off we went to the cruise terminal. When we returned from the cruise we called and he was there within 10 minutes to pick us up. I will use him again, very very good service.
*Embarkation- This was so quick and easy at this port. We breezed More through and at 11:15 we were boarding the ship.
*We had a great beverage waiter on our ship "Sampson". He remembered our names and was always there with a refreshing drink.
Our cabin was very nice - ocean view on empress deck. There was plenty of room for all our things and our steward kept our ice bucket full every day. I did use one of the clear over the door shoe thing to put the little things in and it worked out good. Very hot water in the shower and good pressure. You need to bring your own blow dryer and outlet strip if you need more than one outlet.
*food - We ate breakfast on deck all morning except the last day. Omelets were good and muffins and banana bread also good. Nothing special.
lunch - hamburgers, sandwiches, all good for a little lunch on deck.
supper - We ate in the dining room every night and the food was pretty good. Always enjoyed the desserts, flat iron steak and lobster were good.
*** Not sure if it was the boat or if the seas were just a little rough but the boat swayed a lot. On our other cruise I never knew we were on a ship when we were inside but I was always aware of it on this ship.
***Cozumel - We did the Cozumel Bar Hop which I had reserved before we left - this is not a excursion offered by Carnival. This was such fun. A van took 17 of us to the East side of the Island. No crowds here and the water was beautiful. We stopped at 4 bars and enjoyed a sample of their cocktail and you could also order other drinks and food. The drinks were very very strong. No swimming on this side due to the riptide. You have to bring cash as their is no electricity on this side of island. I will do this excursion again, it was that fun and beautiful scenery.
All in all this was a fun trip, just needed a little break from the working world. I would rather a longer cruise but this did the trick this time. Less

Read more Carnival Elation cruise reviews >>