Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Gypsykfrpa: Grandeur - May 10th - Bahamas

Grandeur - May 10th - Bahamas

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Both DH and I enjoyed our cruise from Baltimore very much. There were some glitches, but I find these to be minor at best. Parking in Baltimore was very easy, however, the credit card machine was glitched and we waited in line over 1/2 hour and we were the 10th car in line. We were told to go into one door and then told to go to another, once inside and said we were in a suite, we were moved to the "no wait" line. Check in 5 minutes. Ship looked great.

Our jr. suite with balcony was terrific. (I will never book without a balcony again.) Plenty big, plenty storage, and our room attendant George was very attentive. Nice sized bathroom. No toilet issues here.

We found the food to our liking in all venues of the ship. We did eat at Chops one night and we had lunch in Izumi. (Best lunch all week) Service was very good. Ate in MDR for breakfast and dinner. We had wonderful dining company and had a wonderful time. (In fact, we are staying in touch). We also ordered More room service and had no complaints. (Open faced steak sandwich was very good).

The casino was small but very nice dealers and managers. Played 3-card poker every night. The shows we did attend were very good. Jimmy Rhodes (cruise director) the best I have ever seen. And his staff, Carlos, Lynn, Marissa, were very good. The "Love & Marriage" show was the best in 4 cruises.

Cruise ports were not very good. Cape Canaveral just OK. (took air boat ride and wild life show) Coco Cay nice beach day, but the credit machines were not working at the bar venue and every drink slip had to be written out by hand. Waited 20 minutes for drink. Very bad timing. Went over to Atlantis on Paradise Island and did our own taxi tour. Enjoyed the taxi tour. (Cabbie charged us $25 pp) Very reasonable. Hated the Atlantis. Huge and intimidating.

Service and was above and beyond and why we keep coming back to RCCL. When in Fla. on Mother's day got phone call that our son had an accident and was hospitalized. We almost left the ship and caught plane back to Virginia. The next day in Coco Cay, I tried to make a phone call to him. I couldn't get cell to work nor room phone. I went to the customer service desk and Talea (supervisor) not only saw my panic, but took me to her private area, made the phone call for me and never charged me for the call. She gave me her card and told me to just show it and I could call anytime. I did again after leaving Bahamas. The were so concerned and very nice. Son was fine and we were very happy to continue on our cruise.

Our favorite bar was the Schooner. Played trivia often and listened to piano bar in the evening. Best was 50's and 60's music trivia. There much have been 60 people in there singing, playing trivia, dancing. Had so much fun.

Disembarkation was quick and easy. NP. We would go on the Grandeur out of Baltimore again. Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Grandeur of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 7 8570

Room 8570. Junior suite. room was large, lots of storage space, Bathroom was good sized with tub and shower combo. Balcony was great with 2 chairs and small table. Living room area had couch, 2 chairs and coffee table. Tv was fine, but menu on TV never came up.