Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by KYKAT23

Member Name: KYKAT23
Cruise Date: May 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: 2C
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Relaxation at Sea
I just returned from taking the Celebrity Infinity on a Transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Harwich, England with stops in the Azores, Cherbourg, and Bruges. This is my 3rd Celebrity cruise. Previous cruises were on the Century and the Summitt. I love Transatlantic cruising because of the many days at sea and like how it is sort of Summer Camp for adults. On this sailing water color classes were offered and I really enjoyed taking them. I also enjoyed the more casual entertainment on the ship. Particularly Ric Steel who performed at various lounges and the Fusion party band. Of the evening entertainment, violinist Craig Holliday and singer Jaqui Scott were standouts. I received great customer service consistently on this sailing. The food in the main dining room was always very good and on a couple of nights it was stunning. (Best steak au poivre and sea bass I have ever had.) I also particularly liked the desserts in Cafe al Bacio.

The big negative I experienced on the Cruise was with the photo gallery. I purchased a 10 picture package and they did not adequately explain how it works when you get your pictures on CD. They let me spend an hour there deciding on which 10 pictures I wanted, then the next day when I went to get my disc was told that all of my pictures were on there and I had to "unlock" the 10 I wanted from my computer at home. When I checked the thumbnail page. All of my pictures were NOT on the CD and they had no reasonable explanation on why they let me stand there and waste my time the day before.

Our cabin 8011 was decently sized and we very much enjoyed the balcony, especially when we were pulling out of ports. I liked that it was quick and easy to pop up to the pool deck from our location. One thing was strange, the hallway near our cabin always smelled like cigarette smoke. Our cabin steward didn't think anyone was smoking in their room, but thought it was a quirk of the ventilation system as we were two decks below the smoking area.

Publication Date: 05/28/13