Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by KYKAT23: Relaxation at Sea

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Transatlantic Cruises

Relaxation at Sea

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Transatlantic

I just returned from taking the Celebrity Infinity on a Transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Harwich, England with stops in the Azores, Cherbourg, and Bruges. This is my 3rd Celebrity cruise. Previous cruises were on the Century and the Summitt. I love Transatlantic cruising because of the many days at sea and like how it is sort of Summer Camp for adults. On this sailing water color classes were offered and I really enjoyed taking them. I also enjoyed the more casual entertainment on the ship. Particularly Ric Steel who performed at various lounges and the Fusion party band. Of the evening entertainment, violinist Craig Holliday and singer Jaqui Scott were standouts. I received great customer service consistently on this sailing. The food in the main dining room was always very good and on a couple of nights it was stunning. (Best steak au poivre and sea bass I have ever had.) I also particularly liked the desserts in Cafe al Bacio.

The big negative I experienced on More the Cruise was with the photo gallery. I purchased a 10 picture package and they did not adequately explain how it works when you get your pictures on CD. They let me spend an hour there deciding on which 10 pictures I wanted, then the next day when I went to get my disc was told that all of my pictures were on there and I had to "unlock" the 10 I wanted from my computer at home. When I checked the thumbnail page. All of my pictures were NOT on the CD and they had no reasonable explanation on why they let me stand there and waste my time the day before.

Our cabin 8011 was decently sized and we very much enjoyed the balcony, especially when we were pulling out of ports. I liked that it was quick and easy to pop up to the pool deck from our location. One thing was strange, the hallway near our cabin always smelled like cigarette smoke. Our cabin steward didn't think anyone was smoking in their room, but thought it was a quirk of the ventilation system as we were two decks below the smoking area. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Penthouse Deck (6) 8011

Our cabin was 8011 and we found it to be very comfortable. The balcony has an unobstructed view and it was very enjoyable to sit out there, particularly when we were pulling out of port. It is located port side and pretty far forward so you do feel the motion of the ship more there than a cabin midship. It was never a problem for us. I enjoyed that it was really easy to pop up the stairs to the pool deck from there, particularly the Aqua Spa area. The beds was very comfortable and we had sufficient room to hang our clothes up or store them in the drawers. The only negative was that the hallway outside our cabin always smelled of cigarette smoke. We talked to our cabin steward and he didn't think anyone was illegally smoking in their room, but that it might be a quirk with the ventilation system as we were two decks below the smoking area. After that he made an effort to spray air freshener in our section of the hallway. We never smelled it in the cabin, just in the hall.

We have Belgian friends who picked us up from the port and took us into Brugge. It is an amazingly beautiful and charming city and we enjoyed our day of taking a canal cruise, buying chocolates, drinking Belgian beer and seeing the many lovely old buildings and churches. Having this taste of Brugge only left us wanting more!

Ponta Delgada in the Azores was a nice port. If the weather had been better it would have been and even better visit. We did the tour that included the crater lakes and the wine & cheese tasting. We were very pleased with the wines and cheeses. Tastings of both were unlimited and the quality of both were good.