Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by cruisegirl515

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by cruisegirl515
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Ecstasy
Member Name: cruisegirl515
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6E
Cabin Number: E106
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Great Long Weekend Cruise
We flew from NY to Tampa the night before the cruise and stood the night at a relative's house. Thursday morning we drove from Tampa to Port Canaveral, easy drive, no traffic, took just over 2 hours. We parked the car at park n cruise instead of at the port, which worked out great. Only $37.00 total to park the car there for the weekend, and there was no waiting for the shuttle, it was there when we arrived and there waiting when we returned.

We arrived at the port at about 11:30am and embarkation was a breeze, no lines at all. We were told our room would be ready at 1:30 so we headed to the Lido deck for lunch. Tip: after you get your food go to the back of the ship and outside, they have tables out on the rear deck of the boat that were always empty, quiet and a fabulous view. The tables outside by the pool get really crowded. After lunch we walked around the boat, it is a small cruise ship by today's standards, but was plenty big enough for a weekend cruise. My favorite spot became the serenity deck, the adults only deck at the rear of the boat. It had comfortable lounge chairs and 2 hot tubs, that is all I really needed, since this was my weekend away from my kids. Our room was ready right on time. We stayed in E106 on deck 7, it was an ocean view room. I loved the location, easy access to everything. The rooms was simple, small and clean. No complaints. Really only stayed there to sleep and change.

We had chosen anytime dinning, which worked out great. Went to the main Windstar dinning room every night for dinner at what ever time we were ready, never felt rushed to have get there by a certain time. We never waited longer then 5 minutes for a table. The service took a little longer then I had experienced on prior cruises where I had set dinning times, but I didn't mind it, I don't enjoy rushing through dinner anyway. The food overall was good, small portions, but they will bring you as many things as you ask for, so most nights I had an appitizer, salad, meal and dessert, it was plently when I was done. The chocolate molten cake is still my favorite part of dinner!

Entertainment after dinner was OK. We saw the comedians which were hit and miss. We went to the dance club one night, and we saw one of the main shows they had. Just like my last Carnival cruise, i think they have a lot of room for improvement on the night time entertainment.

The cruise stopped at Nassau Bahamas on Friday. We did the Atlantis Half-day Aqua Adventure, which I enjoyed a lot. It takes a long time to get there, byt the time you get off the boat, walk to the shuttles, ride to atlantis, get off the shuttle and walk all the way to the Aqua Adventure area, but once there we really enjoyed the lazy river, slides and pools.

On Saturday we went to Half Moon Cay, which was my favorite part of the cruise. That island is paradise! Had a very relaxing beach day!

Sunday was a sea day, again I relaxed and ate most of the day.

To sum it up . .for the price and legnth of the cruise, it was a great trip! Lots of fun, very relaxing, plenty to do (or not do). I would do it again!

Publication Date: 05/28/13