Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Rneighh

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 12
Cabin Number: E234
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated

Disney Gal is now a Cruiser
We just returned from our first cruise and this Disney World gal is now a cruiser. I am already planning our next cruise for January 2014.

This was the first cruise for myself (51), husband (55), and our 21 year old daughter. We sailed on a four night Bahamas cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy. This was perfect first time cruise. The staff was great, the food was plentiful and good, and I loved the neon art deco decor (made everything fun).

We had a balcony room which was well worth the extra money. The stateroom was small for three people but the balcony gave us the extra room we needed.

At Nassau, we went on the sail and snorkel adventure through Carnival. For the price, $60, this was a nice shore excursion. However, the guest services did a terrible job of explaining how to get to the location in port. Half Moon Cay was amazing. We enjoyed the beach and rented a little sail boat for an hour for $50.00. It was well worth the money and so much fun.

The only negatives were rather insignificant --- several very drunk people, but there were lots of places to get away from them. The biggest negative for me was that smoking was allowed on the ship. I had assumed that no smoking would be allowed. I smelled smoke while on my own balcony and left other areas because of smoke.

Publication Date: 05/28/13