Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Archee100: Very enjoyable trip

Very enjoyable trip

Sail Date: February 2013
Destination: Middle East
Embarkation: Dubai

We had the good fortune to be on this Royal Caribbean ship for the cruise around the Arabia

Starting in Dubai.

This was our first time on Royal Caribbean but hopefully not our last, the ship is in good order throughout. Compares well with other cruise lines.

I cannot think of any negatives Good, friendly staff. The buffet dining areas top deck is very good with an excellent selection of food .The meals in the mdr in the evening were very good ,we had Beef fillet one night which was the best beef I have ever tasted melted in the mouth. I would say though that I will not be ordering the steak which is available every night as they are never very good - not just on this ship but other ships as well .. my advice would be to go with the main menu.
The matr d was very good. He and his team really looked after us. We were on flexible dinning and it worked very well - never had to wait for a table.

Park Cafe by the indoor pool was lovely for a quiet More breakfast.

The port of calls were interesting ,we had not been to this part of the world before - it is good to embrace the culture
The trips around the various mosques very informative with good guides.

I wanted to go to Oman after seeing an advert on CNN TV last year a revelation to see how advanced the infrastructure is

And the thinking of the Sultan ..we have something to learn from them I think .Also we discovered Frankincense for the first time. They burn it in the Souks - the air is thick with it. The scent is fantastic - good for depression they say, I was as high as a kite on it when I came home!! Will have to return to the Middle East, the cruise companys seem to take it in turns to go to this part of the world, think its MSCs turn next year .

All in all a very good trip and would not hesitate to repeat the whole experience. Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>