“Suite Life”

latebloomer56
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This will be my first time doing a review. Guess this trip was a couple of first times. We booked a suite last June on NCL because were told they do the suite life best. Well this trip will be a hard act to follow. Boarding was a breeze within ten minutes of arriving we were being escorted to Cagney's for lunch. Our cabin was ready shortly after we were served. When done we headed upstairs. Loved the view from this cabin and our stewardess were terrific Elisa was on top of everything. Dining: Breakfast: We ate at Cagney's first the best poached eggs ever. Then tried Blue Lagoon again my eggs were perfect. Finally the Grand Pacific again good eggs. See a theme here love my eggs but they need to be cooked correctly. The buffet was not to my liking for breakfast. Lunch: We tried Cagney's also for lunch very good, as was the MDR and Blue Lagoon. No lunches at the buffet or the grill. Dinner: We tried the buffet once, crew there are great but the food not so much. This was OK but with so many better options were went elsewhere. Le Bistro was good, service was excellent. MDR (Magenta) was good also but the service was over the top. La Cucina was very good in both food and service. Show: Sorry only went to the frost off with Sinan (CD). Funny time. Casino no luck not thrilled with the slots I like the 25 cent ones. Played Bingo twice it was fun, but I enjoy most things. Crew: Ryan, "K", & Joseph took excellent care of all our needs throughout the trip. We were made to feel very welcomed aboard. I know it's their job but it felt special. This is what I wanted for my husband on this trip. Also everybody throughout the ship was friendly, in the shops, at the desk, at the coffee machines, even just passing on deck. Nice feeling and they kept things clean. Cabin: It was a special trip, DOS was nice but to loud for us. We would however book the Haven again. Going Home: So sad as always to end a trip. We met some lovely folk's especially our neighbors from Boston. Getting off the ship was as easy and fast as getting on. No Amtrak service though so had to scurry for alternate transportation home. In a nutshell we enjoyed this NCL voyage and will sail with them again because of the crew. Next time I'll check out the shows just so much to do on board.
Norwegian Gem Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

H215500
Great view, however the noise from the pool area was far more than we thought it would be. We expected noise but thought it would be muffled when in the cabin. This was not the case and on several nights the band played until 11:30-12:00. We didn't use the hot tub as much as we thought we would due to high winds, but enjoyed it when we did. The Haven access was good for us as it was not during school break and the few children there were great. Very peaceful area and would do the Haven again just for this peaceful location. Heard it is a zoo during school breaks so will avoid these times. Easy to do for us as our kids are all grown up.

Published 05/28/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Gem Review
Norwegian Gem Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?