“Eastern Med cruise on the Navigator of the Seas - lovely!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas

hunnyjuly Navigator of the Seas 5 Eastern Med cruise on the Navigator of the Seas - lovely!
hunnyjuly
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Having done the Western Med last year on the Liberty (our first cruise), my husband and I decided to try the Eastern Med cruise on the Navigator of the Seas. We flew from the UK to Rome where RC staff smoothly sorted us and our luggage to the port, by the time we boarded and had a quick drink, our luggage was waiting for us in the cabin.

In summary-

The ship itself : apparently due a refurb, but we did not notice anything bad, everything was in good order. However, I found the air conditioning slightly too cool around the ship, and sometimes actually quite chilly.

Staff : Mostly very friendly and helpful, especially the staff in the Swan dining room (My time dining).

Entertainment : Some good, some only so-so, not as good as on the Liberty.

There was a duo in the one of the bars which were positively terrible!

Dining room: Food quite good, in fact we thought better than the Liberty.

I don't eat seafood/fish, but always found something I liked. One thing we thought was a shame was that one the formal nights people were still coming into the dining rooms in T shirts. A lot of people do make the effort to make these nights special, I feel that on these evenings a jacket at least should be enforced for the men - there is always the buffet restaurant if they don't wish to 'dress up'

Drinks : Although a bit pricey they were very strong and we enjoyed them!

We bought a 5 bottle wine package, but probably wouldn't do that again as we also drinking in the bars after our meal.

Excursions :

Taormina with the RC 'on our own' - beautiful little town and we loved it.

Athens with RC to the Acropolis,Museum,Plaka shopping - a very good trip with sufficient time at each.

Kusadasi - Ephesus with RC (with the usual visit to the carpet shop - which luckily was just near the port, so some of us managed to duck out of this!)

Crete - local buses are available just outside the port gates and the cost is 3 Euros return to Chania - again a lovely little town/port with some quaint shops and tiny winding streets.

In summary excellent ports, and a great cruise.

Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Navigator of the Seas Review
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?