Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by kristy978

Member Name: kristy978
Cruise Date: May 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 1a
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Fantastic Time on the Carnival breeze!
First a little information about me. I am 34 years old and this is my sixth cruise. I brought my friend Brad with me, Who is 26 years old and this was his first cruise. We are both looking to just get away and have fun. I was so excited for the ship and this eight-day itinerary, when I found an amazing deal about two weeks before I knew it was meant to be..

We flew in on Friday and were able to check into our room at the Intercontinental in Miami three hours early, which was great. The hotel is very tall and very sleek, everybody here was friendly and it was a short walk to downtown and bayside market. I was excited to try something different, Even though I was hoping to get a room at the mutiny in Coconut Grove like I did Two years ago but they were booked and I'm glad we stayed at the Intercontinental. Cab Ride was quick to port and I think we got on the ship in less than half Hour.

The ship blew both of us away upon boarding! It is gigantic. I very much enjoyed the addition of the red frog pub On deck five. We definitely spent a lot of time in that place! However I like the night club on the other ships better. The club on the breeze was a bit smaller and narrower without a awesome dance floor like the other ships have. The DJ in the club was fantastic, kept the place packed from like 9 o'clock till the wee hours of the morning.

The Decor the ship was very nice. The breeze is definitely a very pretty ship. However , I know how everybody talks about how they Prefer the "subtle and muted" Ship decor Over the old-school neon/glamour/Vegas decor of the old days, but I have to disagree. I get subtly muted and neutral woods Here at home, bring on the old style glamour is what I'm saying!! The destiny was my favorite ship in this respect. Although the dream seems to have a bit more decorative edginess to it Than any of the newer ships, But I digress.

The main compliment I have about this ship is that the entertainment was across-the-board Top drawer, Bravo. We love the DJ, the love Souljahz, The comedians were hilarious (Although we were short one or two, some kind of port/missed plane snafu), And we especially love the guitar players! Over the course of the trip we amassed a group of about six of us who fell madly in love with Tom the guitar player. We must have attended every one of his shows. Okay, Maybe *all* of us didn't fall in love with him, per se (my penchant for Tall Englishmen may have led me to exaggerate) but the phrase "man crush" was thrown around Quite a bit..

The food was alright. The 2.0 additions are definitely a must now. I like the Cantina burritos andtacos the best, and the deli. The Main dining room was not that great. Granted I am a vegetarian, however my friend Brad nor any of the other people at our table seemed particularly over the moon about any specific item. Most the time we ended up skipping dinner because we were in the red frog pub For pre-dinner drinks with our friends, listening to Tom.

One vast improvement is with the pizza place. Although it still takes you a few minutes to get your slice, the pizza on the Carnival breeze is so much better than the other ships! Plus room service was awesome, Only took about 10 minutes each time. Very handy. (Skipping dinner to continue drinking And socializing seems like an awesome idea until about 1 AM When you suddenly need food ASAP). The daytime Lido deck food or marketplace as they call it on the ship, was pretty standard stuff. Definitely edible with a few tastier items, Here and there. I'm a vegetarian so I can't comment on the guy burgers but my friend thought they were a little too dry and overcooked but everybody else couldn't get enough of the things. I like the fries though and especially the condiment bar. I was blown up like five dipping sauces for a plate of fries. I'm a condiment girl!

Ports were excellent. Grand Turk is gorgeous and so much fun. Everything is very close to the port so no need to really book anything special here. Dominican Republic we just kind of went on our own to altos de Chavon, Which was kind of a neat little 17th century Mediterranean town, But not really much happening here. Next time I would do the bahibe beach break. Curaçao Was really interesting and fun to walk around for a while, but you do get very hot! Next time I'm here I will definitely hit one of the beaches. Aruba is incredibly beautiful. We just went to Eagle beach which was fantastic, our friends went on mi dushi Catamaran and snorkeling tour and said it was the best day of the trip. I really wanted to do that but my friend was worried about becoming seasick. We had a blast exploring the beautiful beaches though, Lots of cool resorts to check out as well.

The crew and staff on the ship are excellent, somebody is always cleaning something. Ironically enough though, our room always was clean/turndown/towel animals Very late in the day, And a couple times not at all until nighttime. Not really a huge inconvenience, although it would have been nice to have art debark luggage tags before 10 PM on the last night and sometimes we were searching around for a carnival newsletter because we wouldn't get ours until so late. Again not a big deal but just something different than what I have come to expect on my previous cruises.

The spa gym Located inside the spa, is a bit smaller than other ships but they do have the addition of the outdoor sky fitness deck. That stuff was really really fun and the gym was still big enough to get a workout in, if you're so inclined.

My friends love the serenity Deck and spent loads of time up there but I prefer the main pool area because I like to be where the action is. I love the little huts Where you can sit and have your feet in the pool and be in the shade too.

I didn't mind being on deck one, we definitely got some great stair workouts climbing 10 floors to the Lido deck and beyond every day. It was great!

If you're not a fan of stairclimbing, I would suggest getting a room a little closer to the Lido deck. The elevators can be a bit slow, especially if you are anxious to get to the party like we were!

Debarkation was excellent and quick. They Seemed more aggressive about pushing us off earlier than in previous years. Even though we got to our hotel at 9:15 that morning, They were still able to check us into our room! They didn't even charge us extra like some hotels would. The Marriott on ocean in South Beach is fantastic!! Definitely a recommended after cruise spot if you've got the time For one more day of fun. Got a great deal as well. And right on the beach and the strip, but closer to the "quiet" end.

Overall, this was an amazing trip. The Carnival breeze is a beautiful and action-packed ship and we have to go on her again just to do all the stuff we Never got around to. The itinerary is great probably my favorite of Any cruise I've done. I definitely suggest going up to eight days. A nice little bonus after previously having only sailed six and seven days.

Thank you so much for reading my review! Feel free to email me any questions.

Publication Date: 05/28/13