Carnival Pride Cruise Review by magarico: Loved the Carnival Pride

Loved the Carnival Pride

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My husband and I sailed on the Pride May 12 - 19th. We love the Carnival Legend and, as the Pride is a sister ship, decided we would probably love her too.
We live in southern Md. but my brother lives in Baltimore, 9 miles from the port so we drove to his house, left our car there and he took us to the port and picked us up after. What a difference from driving to South Carolina or Florida. I hope Carnival decides to add 9 day cruises with different destinations from Baltimore in the very near future.
Embarkation was a snap. Within half hour of arriving at the port,(12:30) we were on board. The Pride is beautiful. I've read some reviews that claim the theme of the ship is "tacky" but I thought the paintings and sculptures were beautiful. If you like art, you'll find the decor as appealing as we did. Our cabin was roomy as are all Carnival cabins. I really liked the extended balcony. It allows free access into the cabin without having to constantly move the chairs and More affords extra leg room.
A shout out to Joe, our cabin steward. He was terrific. Cudos to Igor too.
All of Carnival ships are clean but the Pride seemed to take it up another notch.
We ate at the Mermaid grill on Lido deck everyday and were happy with the variety. When we cruise, we pack shorts and t shirts and sandals and that is our attire from the time we board until we disembark.
The casino was ok. A little small and some of the slots were old but it was sufficient. Everyone in the casino, from the Floor Manager to the bartenders are fantastic and take the a little of the sting out of loosing. One of the reasons I love the Legend and Pride so much is the bar in the casino with live entertainment. Some of the slots are non smoking and half of the bar and half of the bar tables are non smoking. The smoking tables were always full and the smoking section of the bar was 3 deep while the non smoking area was empty. Since I am a smoker, I often looked at those empty tables longingly.
The entertainment on the ship was great, from the shows to the piano bar to the atrium bar singers.
I highly recommend the Pride. I had a terrific time and will certainly be back. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Verandah 7219

Great cabin with extended balcony. Fairly quiet.

We've cruised several times to both Nassau and Freeport so didn't take any excursions this time. We did get off the boat and wandered around. Of the 2, Freeport is my favorite. With so many cruise ships in port at Nassau it was very crowded.
Read 781 Freeport Reviews