Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by blue_butterfly2012: Ship needs improvement

blue_butterfly2012
Member Since 2011

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Ship needs improvement

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

We arrived at the port at 10 a.m. Staff at the port got our luggage and told us that in 2 hours we should get it in our room. We went inside the waiting room where we were informed that embarkation should begin at 10:30 a.m. We got a number (8) and were told to wait for our number to be called. We waited and around 10:50 a.m. our number was called. We had a smooth process and shortly after we were onboard. They would not let us into our room until 1 p.m. So we walked around and then had lunch at WindJammer. Food was really nothing special.

At 1 p.m. we went into our cabin 8622. I did not like it. Outdated, tv was not flat screen and when I turned it off it turned back on by itself. Closet were very old and carpet had a musty smell. When asked for a luggage rack we were told that they did not have any. Drawers in dresser made noise when opened and safe was old.

Entertainment was so so. I really liked the acrobatic show and the juggler. Ship has a minigolf course, More climbing rock, ice skating ring, arcade, casino, etc. I did not use any of those facilities.
No indoor pool and jacuzzi was placed in fitness center where you could hear the noise form the machines and the fitness class.

I like my shore excursion to Athens and Cape Sounion. Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 8622

-Cabin was outdated. -No flat screen tv. TV will turn on by itself after being turned off. -Carpet was smelly. -No luggage rack provided. We were told that they had none. -Drawers in dresser made noise. -Old safe -The bottom to flush toilet got stuck several times. -Pillows are not comfortable. -Close to elevators. -Nice balcony.

Acropolis

(5)
Great enjoyed my time there

Temple of Olympian Zeus

(5)
Great tour provided by cruise line. Our guide was great and gave tons of information. Temple of Zeus was highlight.

Nice small town. arrived by bus from port. No tour just walked around.

Ephesus

(4)
Good experience at Ephesus. Kusadasi looked like a shopping mall.
Read 84 Ephesus Reviews

Mount Etna

(3)
Not much to see, tour guide was not good. She put me to sleep.