MSC Poesia 5

“Negative Experience on MSC Cruise line”
Cruise review of MSC Poesia

LeeElla269
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

We have gone on cruises with other cruise lines before and never had such an experience as we did on this MSC cruise.

The hygiene level of the crew needs to be improved. At the buffet service alone I never saw a clean cloth used to wipe down the tables when people left the tables and others sat down to eat. It had gotten to the point that I would wipe the table down before we would eat on it. This was the most disturbing aspect of this cruise line. Hygiene, hygiene, hygiene, I can't say it enough times. Please educate your staff.

As far as their TV service goes, this cruise line caters to non English speaking. Other than the BBC station there is nothing on the TV that is English speaking. When asked the reception desk why we would told to rent some of the movies that are offered. Mind you there is a rental fee attached. Ridiculous!

Our shower soap dispenser was broken. We asked for a replacement. It didn't arrive. So we then took the top off and More removed the liquid soap as we needed it when we took showers. After about 5 days it was replaced.

Even the excursions the ship sponsored were rushed. We had a 7 hour bus excursion in England and we were only in the port of England for 8 hours. Talk about DRIVE BY photos from a bus !!!! I should have known there was going to be issues with these excursions because every time I called MSC or emailed them (still waiting for responses for emails I sent before we left), none of the reps had concrete answers to any of the questions.

Not a cruise line I would recommend to anyone other than someone I didn't like. Do not plan on going with this cruise line again, even for free. You live and learn. Less

MSC Poesia Cruises to Transatlantic

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

10138
It was an inside cabin and was fine for what it was.

Had a very nice bus tour through the Azores. I must say the bathrooms in the rest area needed to have water for washing, it did not so that was a concern of mine.

Published 05/27/13

Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review

MSC Poesia Cruises to Transatlantic

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?