Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Oresund: AQUA CLASS NOT WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY

Oresund
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Transatlantic Cruises

AQUA CLASS NOT WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Transatlantic

What shocked me the most was the lack of basic politeness from guests. No please and thank you, barking orders at staff. I don't care how many times you have travelled and what class of stateroom you are in...there is no need for rudeness in this world. The employees are not slaves and they deserve to be treated with the respect and consideration.

My husband and I are in our mid 50's, so we were surprised that the average age onboard was at least 70. I suppose Transatlantic cruises appeal to the older crowd.

Now on to why I think that Aqua Class is not worth the extra money. They claim that you will receive "express luggage delivery" with Aqua Class - we received our luggage 3.5 hours after we boarded.

The Persian Garden was tiny and very dark. I was under the impression that there would be ceramic loungers in a solarium type environment, maybe available on a Solstice class ship but not on the ship we were on, which was a Millennium class that had been More solsticized. The thalasso pool was tired and worn looking and the showers didn't work properly.

The food at Blu restaurant was OK and guests in Aqua Class supposedly have seating priority. Beware when you write your comments on a guest comment card, they are not kept confidential. We questioned the seating arrangement in Blu and the Maitre D. Razvan Popa, confronted us. My husband handled the awkward situation very diplomatically. And I quote Mr. Popa: "You don't know nothing" (meaning we knew nothing about how he managed the seating arrangement) "And there is no monkey business going around" (meaning that he didn't accept tips from other class stateroom guests). He is an obnoxious man who bullied his less experienced waiters.

We did enjoy the originality of Qsine. The Trellis restaurant was too noisy for us. We ate most of our meals at the Oceanview Cafe which was in my opinion varied and very good.

On another note, our stateroom attendant Rhemmar met all of our expectations. Also, worthy of mention, the Cruise Director, Alejandro. Although we didn't participate in any of the daily activities, we enjoyed some of the nightly shows.

All in all, would we cruise again? Maybe. Would we take another Celebrity cruise? Maybe. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

It was our final destination and we didn't spend any time in the port. We hopped on a train to London.
Read 12 Harwich Reviews

Nice little town and within walking distance from the port. Horse and buggy ride will cost you approx. 7 Euros for 20 minutes.