Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by bklynangel: NCL Breakaway May 12-19, 2013

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

NCL Breakaway May 12-19, 2013

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

To make my review simple and not too long, I will start by saying this was my 13Th cruise, 8Th with NCL.
Embarkment was quick, I was on the ship within 10 minutes and in my room within 15 minutes. No lines, but not sure why I got on so fast. I did see lines in other areas , so some experiences could have been different.
We were able to go straight to our rooms. I was in my room by 12:20 pm.
I was in room 14710 forward and as I entered the room, I had to check it out. It turned out that my room was quiet at night, but down the hall, a friend of mine was in 14730 and said there was noise early in the morning as chairs were moved and placed. The balcony is small, smaller than on most ships, but served its purpose. That was not an issue for me.I did have a problem with the 2 inch step as you enter the bathroom,i landed up tripping the first time I entered the bathroom, so be aware. The room has brown curtains on the balcony window and mostly everything is in earthly colors. My More room was a spa balcony and spa passes for the week were included in the price of the room which is a plus since they only sell 100 passes for the whole cruise and if you don't get yours in time, you might not be able to buy one for the week.
Entertainment was fantastic. "Burn the floor " was amazing to me. "Rock of ages" was a little bit better than average. "Circus dreams" is another must see. The premium seating is a waste of money when the cheaper seating is better. I feel I made a smart choice. The price is 29 dollars or 39 dollars. The food was delicious for this show and it also is a must see. I wasn't impressed with the comedy, id say it was average. The fireworks went off the night after sail-away from Bermuda. They had a very nice display and was done around 11 pm . It was to be held in H20 club but it got too crowded so me and my husband left and watched them from deck 15.
The food on the ship was sometimes real good, but at times not that great. I didn't like the chicken and chicken is one of my favorite foods but couldn't eat it on the ship. I have to say the steaks were delicious. There wasn't too much of variety for me since I have a special diet. The restaurant manager kept a good look out for what I was to eat and actually was at every dining room I was at to check on me. I had to order my foods the night before and they cooked me anything I liked and was able to eat. They treated me like a princess.WE also ate in the brazillian steakhouse which was fantastic, but just too much food. The extra cost is 20 dollars per person. if you have a big appetite, this is a great place to go and experience.
Bermuda was great as usual...been there about four times and would go back in an instant.
Went on our own with bus and ferry passes in Bermuda. The pass for three days is 35 dollars per person. We booked our own tour in the glass bottom boat and fully enjoyed it. Went to horseshoe bay beach and black bay beach to look for sea-glass and see what the big deal about it was.On the way back from black bay beach which is only about 10 minutes away from the dockyard, the public buses passed by us three times so we waited forty five minutes for a bus to finally see us and stop.
The problems on the cruise were that the camera crew were always where me and my husband decided to spend our time so most of the time we left to let them finish filming the commercials and came back later. They did accommodate and give us speciality dining for one night which we used of course.It really wasn't a problem, just an inconvenience.
I don't think the extra money spent on a first sailing is worth it but the service I received was well worth it.WE didn't get anything different or special on this sailing then anyone else is going to get the next few cruises.
So, to sum this up, I had a great cruise on a beautiful ship with great service and I'm happy and lucky to be one of the first to experience this. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>