Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by Detz2008

Norwegian Gem
Norwegian Gem
Member Name: Detz2008
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: IA
See More About: Norwegian Gem Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Gem Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Gem Deck Plans
Never again!!
Norwegian is a total rip off. Not only did parking cost $245, but there was a $24/day charge for the cleaners and other waitstaff. The food was okay, everything tasted a little off, ex. their Caesar dressing tasted like it was made with mayo. By day 4 we were sick of eating breakfast. The only two things they had were omelets and pancakes. The french toast was little triangles that weren't cooked all the way through and their waffles looked like they came out of an Eggo box.

The most ridiculous thing though which makes me never want to cruise again is not only did they try and charge my credit card $60 for the snorkeling gear that we had already prepaid for but also now they are charging me an extra $230 and refuse to remove the charges. I have a $112 charge on my credit card because we apparently ate and drank everything in the mini bar, nope. Not our room, we took cans of soda out to make room for the alcohol we snuck on the ship, but that's about it, we put it back the night before we arrived in port. Now I have to deal with my credit card company in removing these ridic charges. A $1,400 cruise has turned into a $2,000+ and a major headache. Seriously, skip the cruise and go all inclusive, it'll be cheaper in the long run and save you a headache. If you must cruise, avoid this cruise line at all costs.

PS - Don't do the Blue Lagoon excursion unless you just want a lazy day on the beach or you're going to watch/play with the dolphins. They roped off the ocean so you can only go in up to your knees. Oh, and wait to book the Cocoa Beach excursion, they have vans there at the port that will take there for cheaper.

Publication Date: 05/27/13