Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by packy001

Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: other
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

A Great Anniversary Cruise
This was my second cruise and 2nd time on the Freedom of the Seas. Many say the Cruise Director can make or break the week, and Richard Spacey brought the house down with his zany entertainment. His constant side kick Jamie Fenterin (and future Cruise Director in training) played off each other like Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin. Spacey is extremely talented and Fenterin was a singer in London's West End before taking on Cruise entertainment.

I must compliment my Stateroom Attendant Ethel. We had three mechanical issues with our stateroom. The first was a sink stopper that was disconnected. I left a sticky note for Ethel and it was fixed by the time we came back from Dinner. The next day the toilet clogged. We didn't even have to leave a note, Ethel had already called maintenance (and elevated it to her supervisor when the job was done by the time we came back from dinner). The third was light that was flickering in the bathroom. Again Ethel was all over this.

I do have two issues with Royal Caribbean that I must report. First was the Meet and Mingle get together was held the 1st day at sea. That is too soon. We had 96 people signed up for the meet and Mingle and only 30 showed up. We did have an informal get together at 2:30 on the day of departure. I know we were in ports for four straight days, but having it at 10:30 the morning after the first big night onboard just doesn't work.

My second issue happened at lunch in Labadee the RC manufactured port. We were looking forward to the barbecue lunch of ribs and chicken. The ribs were short ribs and when I get to the tray in the line, there is nothing but bones left. I also notice a woman in scooter unable to navigate the handicap ramp into the shaded picnic area. RC had placed a picnic table in the way and there was no way to navigate around it.

We did My Time dinning and kept to the early time period because we liked our Waiter and Asst Waiter so much. We were able to get a table in their area every night.

All in all this was a terrific trip to the Western Caribbean and I would highly recommend the Freedom of the Seas to all thinking of cruising.

Publication Date: 05/24/13