Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by 20th Anniversary Cruiser: Thanks Carnival for a great anniversary cruise!

20th Anniversary Cruiser
Member Since 2013
1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Fantasy Bahamas Cruises

Thanks Carnival for a great anniversary cruise!

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

My husband and I traveled with my niece and nephew to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. We sailed on the Carnival Fantasy out of Charleston, SC, which is a three-hour trip from our home in Fountain Inn, SC.

We stayed the night before the cruise at the Quality Inn at Patriots Point. The hotel had a special for cruisers. We got a suite for the night which had a kitchenette and seating area. It was very nice and included breakfast the next morning. For the reasonable price, we received transportation to the port and they picked us up after the cruise. We left our car there during the cruise. I highly recommend doing this. We also got to tour the USS Yorktown and Fort Sumter. Both were great history lessons.

Embarkment process in Charleston went very smoothly, but despite what you may read on blogs, you cannot take a power strip and extension cord. Mine got confiscated at the port. We went to our room (oceanview R119) and it was surprisingly roomy for two More people. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was "hot." I am glad I took a shoe organizer for the back of the bathroom door. That kept our counters very clean. I also took some folding bins and put our suntan lotion and beach stuff in one, and misc. stuff in another.

We did the anytime dining option and although we didn't get the same waiters every night, it was very convenient when we wanted to eat early and see an early show or eat late and take in the late comedy shows. The food was wonderful. I tried dishes I have never had before. My husband and nephew each night had several appetizers and several entrees, and the waiters were very pleasant about it. They definitely got our money's worth in food!

We took in as many shows as we had time for. The two comedians were great and only one drunken passenger made a scene. That was embarrassing for him. The comedian handled it great. The Brit show was good and so was the 50's style review show.

Hennie, the cruise director, and his assistant, "Donkey" were terrific. They were very entertaining. Our cabin steward was the best. He kept our room spotless, made some great towel animals and made sure to leave me extra towels and fill our ice chest every day.

The pool area was very busy every day, but fun, especially the "hairy chest" contest". The Serenity deck for adults was a pleasant change of pace - more low key and you could actually sit in the hot tub there. The one on the main deck stayed filled with younger children.

We did the full-day Atlantis excursion in Nassau and I can't say enough about what a fun time the four of us had there. The "not so lazy river" was our favorite even though a few of us had some spills there. Getting back in your tube is hilarious. The slides were out of this world. I have a fear of heights, but I figure I can close my eyes and try most anything. I have really never understood being petrified before but that is what happened to me on the Leap of Faith. This is a slide that is almost a 60-foot vertical drop - through the shark filled lagoon. I didn't notice the sharks swimming toward the tube because I had my eyes closed. I would have screamed but it was such a thrill ride, I couldn't even get a word out before I got shot into the lagoon and I said some unmentionable things. There were other fun slides and lots of pools. We had lunch (included) and we hated to leave.

In Freeport, the two couples went there separate ways, but my husband and I did the Jeep Excursion. "JP" the tour guide made that trip extra special. We found out things about the Bahamas that we didn't know and we got to visit Freeport by jeep and see some beautiful homes and beaches. We ended our day at a beach where the sand was white and the water was aqua blue and beautiful. My husband forgot to put his wallet in the waterproof pouch and luckily, he saw our passport cards floating and was able to save everything and it dried out in now time in the 80 degree sun!

We met some great people on this cruise and all the staff was very attentive and friendly.

We enjoyed sea days and did some shopping on board. The ship could use a few more stores with a little variety, but overall we thoroughly enjoyed this trip and can't wait to plan our next cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy Oceanview Main R119

Cabin R119 is spacious, well designed. We had a vanity area and an extra chair and small table. Lighting was good and the bathroom was spacious. Not much counter space in the bathroom, but a hanging shoe divider helps immensely. Closet space was more than sufficient for a woman who always over packs!