Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by moainstructor1: The Worse Vacation EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moainstructor1
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Grandeur of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

The Worse Vacation EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Sailed on the Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas, MAY 10-17. This was the worse vacation ever. I did read the reviews prior to going but still thought to give it a chance, and yes the reviews were correct. The first day embark wasn't to bad. The ship has an odor to it due to the sewage from the bathrooms. For 7 days straight there was a bathroom issue, the bathroom toilets don't flush for at least 1-2 hours out of the day. I brought this to the attention of the head supervisor on the cruise, and was told every day that someone threw something in the toilet. I have cruised on several other ships and never experienced anything like this. My daughter was forced to hold her bathroom issues because toilets would be over flowing daily with urine and feces. The cabin were cleaned daily but due to this problem they always smelled like you were traveling by Greyhound for hours. The smell got so bad that on our first port day we had to buy air frebreeze.

The food was mediocre, Dinner More was always a hit or miss nothing fancy. Lunch everyday the same salad, burgers, pizza. Juice water with flavored packs added. Breakfast was the best meal of the day. Activities were geared towards older adults, music played was 60's 70's theme only, besides the band on the deck that sung the same songs everyday. There was a huge television on the deck that played music videos but the sound was never turned up, what a waste. My 9 year old daughter was not able to utilize the pool daily due to adults drinking and making out daily in the pool. Kids club was the highlight of the cruise for her which didn't offer much at all. The stateroom attendant and dining room attendants were all wonderful, helpful and very respectful. To all please read the reviews and trust them, I know the next time I will. Less

Read more Grandeur of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Grandeur of the Seas Large Interior Stateroom Deck 4

I did not see any differnce between the regular and the large interior stateroom. I was told by Manny in reservations that the room should have contained a love seat but because this was an older boat it didn't. The difference in pricing was not worth it. Cabin cleaned daily but smelled like I was traveling by Greyhound due to the bathrooms not properly flushing DAILY.

On of the highlights of the cruise. Not as clean as expected.
Read 226 CocoCay Reviews