Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by bigmama9224

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by bigmama9224
Carnival Splendor
Carnival Splendor
Member Name: bigmama9224
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: GS
See More About: Carnival Splendor Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        Under 3 2.0
        7-9 2.0
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0
        16+ 5+

Splendor Family vacation 5/09/13
Let me start by saying that we were 21 family members. We got to Pier at 10:50 am and I was on the ship by 11:30 am but of course I was in a suite, as for my other family members they were on the ship by 12:30 pm. Ship was very clean yes it does need a dry dock but ship was okay. What I will say is that this ship is definitely a very confusing ship if you are headed to middle of ship you have to walk all the way to the front elevators cause middle and back elevators don't let you go to front of ship believe me when I say it is very confusing and I have a very great sence of directions.I had no complians about workers they are great hard working people yes people they work like dogs to make our stay a happy one. At the dinners at night yes food is brought to you and it is most of the times cold but it is not the waiters faults food is hard to keep warm when they have to go all the way to kitchen and bring it up and serve it. I had a great time overall yes many things I didn't like but remember I did say once that a cruise is what you make of it. Now disembarkation was a total mess man I had tag number 2 and still managed to come out at around 9:30 am I think

machines were giving them some kind of problems. The Mongolian Wok and the Pizzas were truly great. Puerto Rico was a horrible stop it was mothers day and it was sooooooooooo packed over there that to go anywhere in car would take you about 30 minutes to go from one corner to the other I felt it was a horrible experience. St Thomas and Grand Turks were great.

Something funny when I heard Malcom was on vacation man I loved that news once being on board without malcom but with Rex man I truly missed malcom even his woo woo he was always talking but Rex is just a very calm person.

Publication Date: 05/22/13