Carnival Dream Cruise Review by yennafer: Carnival is horrible!!!!!!

yennafer
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival is horrible!!!!!!

Sail Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Other

I have mainly ride with royal Caribbean but my husband insisted we give carnival a chance since we have never tried any other cruise line. I don't know if my standards are just extremely high because of Royal Caribbean but I was incredibly disappointed in every way possible with carnival. We went on one of the bigger ships thinking our experience would be better......we were so wrong. Here are the main things that disappointed me.
* Staff was incredibly rude there were maybe one in every ten staff members that were friendly (even saw the manager flip off a customer under the counter at the customer service desk when he was complaining about something, I saw it though from the angle I was at)
*Buffet was closed more times than it was open so the little sandwich making shops took 20min to get any sort of food if you were hungry.
*They charged gratuity automatically to your account(I have no problem tipping and tipping well if my service is great. It really upset me that More they thought they could just take money out of my account. And it was a horrible tip for there staff, hence why everyone there doesn't care about there job). Royal Caribbean gives you a sheet at the end of your cruise with a suggested amount. I usually double that on there tip because the service is that great and they work hard for that tip and they deserve every penny of it
*Entertainment was horrible. Even the head director is supposed to be spunky and funny but it all just seemed like it was everyone first rodeo. I skipped most nights because I was very bored with it.
*The food in the dining room was the same food in the buffet (when it was open) which it is supposed to be better food for the buffets.
*Dinner took about 3 to 4 hours, they were either under staffed or the staff was just very slow.
The only thing I would say was half way decent was the comedy club on the ship. There was one guy that was really funny and the rest were just okay.
Do not waste your money. Pay a little bit more to go on Royal Caribbean and you will truly be impressed. Very upset that this is prob my last vacation in a long time because I'm pregnant and I wasted my time and money on this BS. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Interior Riviera 1333

The cabin was about the same as the ones we had been on before. Nothing special

Not much to do but we didn't really go out of the port area.