Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by lawwdogg: Paradise??? Far from it!

lawwdogg
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Paradise Western Caribbean Cruises

Paradise??? Far from it!

Sail Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Tampa

My family and I sailed on this ship and I must say, up until now we have been totally satisifed with Carnival. First, we chose the "Fatser to the Fun" excursion which was $50.. US. Basically this was like paying an unscrupulous doorman at a restricted nightclub to let you in instead of making you wait. The only benefit was on embarkation. We were escorted to the front of the line and were onboard within a few minutes. Not really worth the money. Our luggage was suppose to be delivered immediately to our staterooms. It arrived at the same time as the rest of the passengers luggage did.

We were not even greeted by any crewmembers when we walked onboard. I began feeling that something was terribly wrong. The entire cruise the cruise director was oddly absent. He did enjoy being part of the main show in which he played the fiddle. This is the first cruise that I have been on where we actually got bored and opted to watch television in our cabin. The Captian was a disheveled mess More the entire time. I saw him everywhere looking sloppy.

The dining room: I have to tell you that this was one of the aspects of the cruise that my family and I were looking forward to. Again we were sadly dissapointed. We saw the Maitre Di only twice. There were only two waiters who served us that seemed to truly desire to serve us. Even at that they were disorganized and seemed to be running aound in circles. At one point we were given dessert menues and no one ever came back to take our order. Ok, you are probably thinking they took a little longer than I had wanted. Nope! I am talking we sat there for over 20 minutes, glasses empty and menues in our hands. On two different occaisons we arrived for dinner and were told it would be a 20-25 minute wait and they actually gave us one of those pager devices that you might get at Chili's!!!! We could clearly see fiteen to twenty tables empty in both the assigned seating area as well as the anytime areas. The second time we used the pager thing it buzzed and indicated that our table was ready. We arrived back at the hostesses station only to find a confused hostess who had no idea what table were were going to be seated at.

On the day before our cruise ended we received a list of charges. I discovered 9 unauthorized charges on my account and had to argue with the Guest Relations lady twice to get the charges off my bill.

My Girlfriend and I had gone to breakfast and when we returned to our cabin we found that our cabin steward had drank one of the Diet Cokes I had brought on board and for some reason felt the need to spill medication from one of my prescriptions on the floor of the bathroom! I went to guest services and ordered the gratuities removed from my bill. Not a single one of the guest services personnel asked me why!!! I suppose they knew why and really did not care!

Disembarkation: We were told that as faster to the fun customers we were to wait in the Leonardo lounge and that we would be the first to be escorted off the ship. One of the crew-members came to the loung and asked for all those having early flights to follow him. He also said that he would be back to get the rest of us. 3/4 of the passengers left leaving about ten of us waiting for this guy to come back. The next announcement we heard was that they Veranda passengers were cleared to disembark. The guy never even came back!

Carnival needs to fire every single crew-member and management staff from this ship. Start over!!!! If you want a great cruise experience go to the Fascination. I have sailed on that ship twice and each time had a fabulous experience! Paradise crew should go on the Fascination and learn how this business is suppose to work! Less

Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>