“Better than expected”

Ginapier
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I have not cruised Carnival in 9 years, but the couple we were traveling with wanted to go on this ship so we reluctantly agreed. I honestly expected the worst considering Carnivals recent reputation. We were really surprised. We booked the grand suite since it was the best they had to offer. No butler or concierge service and no extra perks at all for this suite. Priority embarkation was poor compared to other ships that escort you on the boat into your room. The suite was a decent size, good sized balcony..bathroom had a bidet, other than that..nothing special. The boat itself had an odd decor, not too elegant. The ships layout was a little odd, has to go up and down to get to the dining rooms... The food was fabulous. I gained 8 pounds in 8 days! There were plenty of choices and variety and everything was great. If you can get reservations for the chef table, it is a must do! Highlight of the trip! I'm very picky and have high expectations, I want nothing but the best... From a scale of 1 to 10 ..this was a good 7. For the price, certainly worth it.
Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

117306
I expect more from the best room on board. This was a grand suite, and while it was spacious and comfortable...it was not worth the extra cost.

Snorkeling
We did the power snorkel. It was fun but for the third largest barrier reef, there wasn't too many fish to see. Snorkeling over the wall was cool but... Not the best excursion.
Port
We rented a jeep right outside the dock and drove to our favorite snorkeling spot on the island. Secret harbor.
Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 05/24/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Splendor Review
Carnival Splendor Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?