Pride of America Cruise Review by srclemm: Great cruise in May

Great cruise in May

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

My wife, her sister and mother sailed on the POA the week of May 4. For my wife and I it was the second cruise on POA.
We were excited to see the changes to POA after its refitting. No disappointment there. The whole ship has a new feel about it. On to the review:
Boarding and embarkation: Very easy and smooth. We would have boarded earlier, but our transfer company was late. Even with that it was a smooth transition.
Cabin:Very roomy, lots of space for our clothes and things. Comfortable beds. Lots of hot water in the shower. Flat screen TV( who watches TV on a cruise?) Only glitch...I think the room had not been dusted in weeks.
Food: So good and plenty of it. While not a fan of the dine anytime, service was still really good. Did not eat in any of the specialty spots, the food was always good, so why pay extra. We dined in the regular dinning area, the buffet, and the Cadillac. The buffet can be crowded and seating maybe hard to find sometimes, but overall never a More problem.
Ship: Very clean. I had forgotten that they have people stationed outside the dining areas to provide you with hand sanitizer...a great idea. Ship was super clean. Great improvements to the fitness areas. All the equipment I used was in great working condition and enough machines so that there was never any waiting.
Shows/ entertainment: Never went to any .
Ports: Always so much to do and so little time! The only day we didn't do anything on shore was our second day in Maui when it rained hard all morning and afternoon. Still lots to do on the ship, friends, food, card games , so no complaints there.
Great cruise to a great place on a great ship. Less

Read more Pride of America cruise reviews >>